Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Baffled...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Baffled...

My file is currently in underwriting at Wells Fargo, yesterday I received an email from LO that underwriter wants to see copy of two previous credit reports that were pulled in February and March by the first LO that we were working with(he left the company which is why we have a new LO).  Why do you think they would want to see those reports if they already have the updated one?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Baffled...

I have never had an underwriter ask for such a thing.  Of course, they are asking for something different every day it seems anymore...

Good luck.

Message 2 of 3
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Re: Baffled...

Perhaps the underwriter thought there may have been negative credit before that is not on the new report, so they are wanting to compare and then will ask what happen to the negative items on the report.  Or perhaps the underwriter is comparing what your balances are typically, for example if you paid off a large portion of debt recently they may ask where the funds to do so came from, etc.

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.