Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BamaGuy cleared to close!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BamaGuy cleared to close!

At 4:32 pm today my LO, who over the months, and weeks became my friend, called me to advise "you are clear to close as scheduled, June 22, at 2pm."

"Thanks for all your work on this"

"Your welcome"

I called my agent, who also works with the LO.

"Got the call from LO, clear to close on Monday as scheduled"

"Great news, almost there"

My walk through was yesterday, it went very well. I heard the horror stories of dealing with national builders, but I'm telling y'all I had none the that. The agent, builder, and mortgage all in one place. That scenario can have problems, but I stayed on top of things thanks to help of this forum. I can say all were professional.

At the walk thru the builder supt. and 2 assistants were on the scene. The last 2 weeks I'd been out there everyday, so the WT was anti climatic. Many things I had on my list were already taken care of prior to the WT. These guys were very professional and marked things I didn't even notice. They walked in my house in their socks.

Most problems were just cosmetic, scuffs, blown light, some calking here and paint there. Biggest item a area of sod that is not going to make it. "I'll have it replaced." I signed a few papers and went about my day.

I went back out late afternoon and many of the items were already taken care of. They advised each player the LO, agent, and builder all seem to take their post evaluation seriously, and can't seem to do enough.

The only hang up might be the clear to occupy letter. The rail for the porch steps was back ordered and not yet installed. It is due to arrive Saturday. That means the city has to get out there and sign off on it early Monday and get the letter to closing by 2pm. Keep
fingers crossed y'all.

I asked my agent to check on the snacks at closing.

"I dunno if they're gonna do nachos"

"Why not, it's my closing, I dang sure don't want a free pen, or those peppermint things."

"I'll check on it"

More later.
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BamaGuy cleared to close!

A huge congrats!!

Message 2 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
At 4:32 pm today my LO, who over the months, and weeks became my friend, called me to advise "you are clear to close as scheduled, June 22, at 2pm."

"Thanks for all your work on this"

"Your welcome"

I called my agent, who also works with the LO.

"Got the call from LO, clear to close on Monday as scheduled"

"Great news, almost there"

My walk through was yesterday, it went very well. I heard the horror stories of dealing with national builders, but I'm telling y'all I had none the that. The agent, builder, and mortgage all in one place. That scenario can have problems, but I stayed on top of things thanks to help of this forum. I can say all were professional.

At the walk thru the builder supt. and 2 assistants were on the scene. The last 2 weeks I'd been out there everyday, so the WT was anti climatic. Many things I had on my list were already taken care of prior to the WT. These guys were very professional and marked things I didn't even notice. They walked in my house in their socks.

Most problems were just cosmetic, scuffs, blown light, some calking here and paint there. Biggest item a area of sod that is not going to make it. "I'll have it replaced." I signed a few papers and went about my day.

I went back out late afternoon and many of the items were already taken care of. They advised each player the LO, agent, and builder all seem to take their post evaluation seriously, and can't seem to do enough.

The only hang up might be the clear to occupy letter. The rail for the porch steps was back ordered and not yet installed. It is due to arrive Saturday. That means the city has to get out there and sign off on it early Monday and get the letter to closing by 2pm. Keep
fingers crossed y'all.

I asked my agent to check on the snacks at closing.

"I dunno if they're gonna do nachos"

"Why not, it's my closing, I dang sure don't want a free pen, or those peppermint things."

"I'll check on it"

More later.

Sooooo glad to hear!!  Congrats on your success!!  Smiley Very Happy  Don't forget to tell us when you close! Smiley Wink  Honestly, we didn't get a thing!  Not even a pen!

Message 3 of 18
mynameainttracy
Established Contributor

So happy for you and the Mrs. I hope you stick around the forums and continue to provide advice and humor to everyone!
Message 4 of 18
sports1965
Frequent Contributor

Congrats!

Message 5 of 18
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Yea! How exciting!  This home you have built from the ground up will be officially your home on Monday!  May you have many happy years together in your new home Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 18
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

Somehow I smell a book coming. "Love My Builder". lol

Message 7 of 18
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Haha, nachos and beer would be the perfect capstone to the mortgage process.

Anyway serious congrats dude!

        
Message 8 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good luck getting nachos. You definitely deserve them! Lol

Congrats getting your clear to close. The fun is just beginning!

Message 9 of 18
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

I have to say that there is so much mortgage loan applicants can learn from Bamaguy's wise words and cool ways of dealing with adversities. I feel his "coolness" and deceivingly simple approach to dealing with the stuff that come at him. I can just see him now at the closing table ... "My eyes are closed and I'm keeping them closed so you feel free to put a pen in my hand and my hand on whatever spot you want me to sign .... whatever!".

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.