Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank accounts tenure?

tag
cd2004
Regular Contributor

Bank accounts tenure?

Is there a certain timeframe/tenure that I should have my bank account before applying for a mortgage? I just switched banks because I was fed up BOA and I had them since 2008, my new account that is only a month old is with USAA. I have a CU but that is only a savings account and they told me I can't get a checking because of some old collection on my credit report. I am looking to start working on applying for a mortgage in the next 6 months.

Current 3B scores May 2022: EQ: 806 TU: 798 EX: 797
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
namvet
Established Contributor

Re: Bank accounts tenure?

@cd2004 wrote:

Is there a certain timeframe/tenure that I should have my bank account before applying for a mortgage? I just switched banks because I was fed up BOA and I had them since 2008, my new account that is only a month old is with USAA. I have a CU but that is only a savings account and they told me I can't get a checking because of some old collection on my credit report. I am looking to start working on applying for a mortgage in the next 6 months.

No problem switching banks.  The amount of money you have in your bank accounts is all that matters.  If your lender needs a paper trail from the closed bank account, they will ask for it. 

Message 2 of 3
cd2004
Regular Contributor

Re: Bank accounts tenure?

awesome thanks

Current 3B scores May 2022: EQ: 806 TU: 798 EX: 797
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.