Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America has no goodwill

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bank of America has no goodwill

Looking for assistance.  

I have one 30 day late with bank of America on a mortgage in July 2009 that I can't seem to get them to remove.  its a mortgage I have had for 5 years and always made every payment on time before July 2009 and since august 2009.  I believe I mailed that check like I had all of the other ones but they said they didn't get it.  I received a call in the first few days of gag 2009 and they said it wasn't received.  I had already mailed gag 2009 and by the time I checked with my bank the next day to see if the July check cleared they had august and July was reported late.

I have continually asked nicely for some good will from bank of America and then back home loans and have received none.  it has actually gotten worse as experience shows it as late in July and transition shows it late in august which makes it look like 2 30 day lattes.   aquifer doesn't show it as late which makes it even more confusing.

I have no other items reported as late on my credit reports so I don't understand why bank of America is so adamant to keep showing it as late.  its almost like its personal to them.  is there something I am missing when I talk or write to them?

my credit scores are 680-720 and I can't get a mortgage or a credit card due to the 30 day late.

any assistance would be appreciated 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Bank of America has no goodwill

mortgage lates are rarely removed unless it is direct fault of the bank.
Message 2 of 5
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

All you can do is keep writing them. Creditors are under no obligation to delete negative items and many people trying GW are as frustrated as you are.

I wish you the best.

Message 3 of 5
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

As said above, writing goodwill (GW) letters is your only way. And remember, when you ask them to remove this late, you are asking them to do you a favor. So....be nice and take responsibility. Blaming and anger aren't going to get you anywhere. Be persistent. Send a letter. If the response isn't what you want, send another letter...but this time to someone higher up in the company. Eventually it might land on someone's desk who will help you. Remember...more flies with honey...

As already said, getting mortgage lates removed is very difficult to do. There is no promise of success.

Just a note...we have been making all of our mortgage payments online for the past few years. I see far too many checks lost in the mail. This goes for credit cards, mortgages, light bills, etc. I can't tell you the last time we mailed a check to anyone. It's just not safe.

Message 4 of 5
Watchmann
Valued Contributor

There is really no good reason not to set up a long time recurring payment like a mortgage or life insurance via autopay from your checking account.  Mail service over the years has gotten worse and worse and I don't trust it for time sensitive material unless I send it with tracking.  You don't need that hassle with a monthly mortgage payment.   I've done the autopay with insurance for over 30 years and almost 7 years on current mortgage with never a problem.  If they are late drafting it out (weekend, holiday) that is their problem and they can't say anything.  Set it up today.  Some people don't like the mortgage company having access to your checking account which is a non-issue.  As long as you pay your mortgage they aren't going to fiddle with your account at all.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.