Did you mean: 

Beginner needing some advice about getting a mortgage

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Beginner needing some advice about getting a mortgage

Hi Everyone!

Very new to board, and just wanted to get a little advice...Smiley Happy

My husband and I are looking into trying to buy our first house sometime next year. Our plan is to pay down all of our CC debt this year, which would then leave us left with an auto loan and a student loan. My current score is 661 and my husbands is 741. Question...I have 1 30 day late payment on one of my CC that was in Oct 2014Smiley Sad  is this going to put a halt everything in trying to obtain a mortgage loan next year?

We are in the very very early stages of looking into this and we want to focus this year on trying to make everything look as good as possible! Any advice appreciated! 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

Re: Beginner needing some advice about getting a mortgage

1 X 30 days late is hardley ever enough to deny someone if everything else is ok.

apply with confidence.

Retired Lender
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sign of relief! Thank you! Kicking myself that I was even late in the first place, have NEVER been late otherwise

Message 3 of 6
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

thy will ask for a reason..... a simple letter explaining is fine.  a great excuse sounds better but will not be necessary.

Retired Lender
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Would it hurt to try and write a Goodwill/Forgiveness letter? It's for a Cap One CC

Message 5 of 6
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

wouldnt hurt. you just risk them putting some comments on the file about 'disputing' info.

but those can get removed.

Retired Lender
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.