cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Being an AU on multiple accounts or just one?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Being an AU on multiple accounts or just one?

I had a FICO around 680. I was added as an AU to my wife's oldest CC and that upped it to about 700 (according to barclays FICO checker). My goal is to get to 720+ to apply for a mortgage in a couple of months. Should I get myself added as AU or Joint to some more of my wife's well standing credit cards as well in hopes to boost the number higher? Should I try to get added as a AU to one of my Dad's well standing CC as well (I haven't lived at his mailing address for 4 years now)?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

Re: Being an AU on multiple accounts or just one?

@Anonymous wrote:

I had a FICO around 680. I was added as an AU to my wife's oldest CC and that upped it to about 700 (according to barclays FICO checker). My goal is to get to 720+ to apply for a mortgage in a couple of months. Should I get myself added as AU or Joint to some more of my wife's well standing credit cards as well in hopes to boost the number higher? Should I try to get added as a AU to one of my Dad's well standing CC as well (I haven't lived at his mailing address for 4 years now)?

No. Get a few tradelines of your own. You did not disclose what your own credit profile looks like so you can receive more comprehensive feedback/recommendations.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here's some more info:  I have about 10 years of credit history. I have 5 or so active CC cards with about 20k of available credit (I only use one card and only put a hundred dollars or so on it and pay it off every month). I have no debt except my home mortgage. My main dings to my score are two of collection agency bills that I paid off 7 or so years ago and one 30 day missed credit card payment from 5 years ago.

Message 3 of 5
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Here's some more info:  I have about 10 years of credit history. I have 5 or so active CC cards with about 20k of available credit (I only use one card and only put a hundred dollars or so on it and pay it off every month). I have no debt except my home mortgage. My main dings to my score are two of collection agency bills that I paid off 7 or so years ago and one 30 day missed credit card payment from 5 years ago.

Ok ... you have a solid foundation on which to build and improve scores. Not using the revolving credit will hurt you. I suggest that you rotate the cards for that expenditure. More AU accounts is not the way to go. Work with what you have. Use/pay/repeat.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

OK, I never realized that it was beneficial to cycle which card I am using and I've let a couple of my cards go unused for months or years.. Thanks I will try that out!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.