cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best FHA Lender?

tag
Brandytab

Best FHA Lender?

I apologize if this is a common question, but I've searched the threads and google and can't really find anything solid.

Is there a lender specifically known for being great with FHA loans?  I'm sort of swimming in the details trying to figure out who to call while I wait for my CA deletion letter to come in the mail.  

Mid score will probably be around 650 after the collections drops, DTI will be around 30% with mortgage included.  We already have a contract.  I do see Wells Fargo brought up frequently, but I also am reading that they might be on the slow side?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Davidngo
Contributor

Re: Best FHA Lender?

If I am not mistaken, but all lendor pulls in one 45 day period is considered 1 pull.  Therefore, when you are really serious about purchasing, work a few reputable lenders and see what they can offer.  Interest rates are at all time lows; most loans should have no fees at all.

MyFICO Pulled: (11/28/2012) EQ 635, TU 650, EX 661
Lender Pulled: (12/05/2012) EQ 635, TU 677, EX 641
Lender Pulled: (02/20/2013) EQ 667, TU 661, EX 648
MyFICO Pulled: (05/30/2013) EQ 712, TU 685, EX 686

Finally Hit the 700's as of 06/05/2013!!!
Message 2 of 6
iCoop
Regular Contributor

Try Wells Fargo... I used them for my FHA loan and was approved within 30 days. The builder had a promotion with them which may have influenced the approval so YMMV.

Starting Score: EQ 675 | TU 688 | EX 702
Current Score: EQ 795 | TU 788 | EX 770
Goal Score: 750 (Across All 3)

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 6
beb86
Valued Contributor

Were are you at I used 5/3 and it was great not too bad on cost 

Message 4 of 6
Brandytab

State would have helped, right?  Sorry!  I'm in Michigan.

We are hoping for quick, as we are already living in the house (have rented for two years) and would love to just get this done!  Quicken seemed to be logical for us since they are local but I'm reading that they are not quick, and a friend of mine just had issues with them and had to go to another lender..  :/

Message 5 of 6
beb86
Valued Contributor

@Brandytab wrote:

State would have helped, right?  Sorry!  I'm in Michigan.

We are hoping for quick, as we are already living in the house (have rented for two years) and would love to just get this done!  Quicken seemed to be logical for us since they are local but I'm reading that they are not quick, and a friend of mine just had issues with them and had to go to another lender..  :/

We started with quicken but "quickly" moved to a local LO haha

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.