cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Ohio Mortgage Broker for someone in a Chapter 13 Bankruptcy who also had a foreclosure

tag
greengal

Best Ohio Mortgage Broker for someone in a Chapter 13 Bankruptcy who also had a foreclosure

This is my first post since joining in 2009 right after I filed for Chapter 13 bankruptcy.  MyFico has helped me to increase my credit score to a 663 (Equifax).  I have made on-time rent and incidental payments as well as all of my Ch. 13 payments - actually paying more than what I'm supposed to, and I will have the BK paid off 6 mos early (after 4 hours).  My BK and foreclosure started in July 2009.

I really want to buy a home again.  I hate throwing my money away on rent and want to settle down again.  My attorney said she should be able to obtain a letter granting permission from the Trustee.  I will be able to obtain statements from my two landlords over the last three years stating my payments have all been made on-time.

What are the best lenders for someone with my credit history?  I make $80K a year and have an excellent credit history (with the exception of the BK and foreclosure).  I don't want to spend over $150K and $1,100/mo.

Any input/guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
dac1
Established Member

Re: Best Ohio Mortgage Broker for someone in a Chapter 13 Bankruptcy who also had a foreclosure

You may want to try www.aimloan.com  (American Internet Mortgage)  They will evaluate your credit, income, and expenses immediately and  run your numbers thru automated underwriting to obtain an approval.  It they cannot obtain an automated approval, a processor will contact you to see if they can get a manual approval.  I think they require at least two years pass before they will approve with a foreclosure/bankruptcy.  The rates they offer are some of the best on the web and are listed on bankrate.com.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.