Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Way to Remove "Account In Dispute" for Mortgage Loan

tag
Rlandon87
Regular Contributor

Re: Best Way to Remove "Account In Dispute" for Mortgage Loan

I called the numbers for TU and Ex just now, TU took 5 minutes and was updated in 20 minutes. All dispute comments removed. Experian's exec customer service is now referred to as "national customer service center" and took me about 10 minutes on the phone, she advised the comments were removed but would take 24-72 hours to update on my reports.  

Waiting to call EQ until 9/01 due to disputing an inaccurate Tradeline showing a 30 day late. I will update when I contact them.

This forum has so much great information, Im glad I stumbled across it!! I wish i could get my mortgage through Dallasloanguy or Shane lol Seems the LO here are "less knowledgeable" and therefore harder to deal with...

photo ficos3.jpg
Message 131 of 193
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was able to do it for Experian and TransUnion, it took about 20 minutes total time.  Transunion I did have to call twice to finally be directed to the special handling department.  However, she said it would be removed in 15 minutes, and low and behold it was.  Experian I did not have issues either, other than when I asked for the Executive Customer service, she said there was no such thing, but knew right away I wanted to remove a comment tradeline for a dispute.  She transferred me to someone who knew why I wanted it removed "Mortgage App", removed it, and said it would take between 24 to 48 hours.  So both removed, and mortage loan is on the way! I think they just needed it removed for the actual bank backers.  It didn't change my score in the least, but needed to be removed from years ago. Smiley Happy

Message 132 of 193
dab54321

Remove Disputes from Credit Reports

Using a less than reputable mortgage broker, I submitted a generic letter stating I had no dispute on the identified account.  My disputes were on zero balance accounts that had no activity for the past three years. The dispute was removed promptly and my credit scores immediately dropped from 720 to 698 and 702 (EX and TU). There was no other activity on the reports. Then the mortgage company reported that the lowered FICO scores necessitated higher closing costs. And the nightmare just began there.

Message 133 of 193
Anonymous
Not applicable

I will be going throught the process of getting a single comment removed from all 3 agencies tomorrow. I will report back throughout the process. I need to get my credit report in prestine condition for a future mortgage application as well!

A question for Shane (or anyone else who knows Smiley Wink ): From reading my reports on the FICO Score 3-Report View, how do I know with certainty that these disputes are finalized, rather than being an ongoing dispute, hence, causing the account to not be factored into my FICO score? It appears they are finalized and are simply "Remarks", but I'm not 100 percent on that.

Here is the wording on all 3:

EQ: "Consumer disputes this account information"

TU: "Account information disputed by consumer"

EX: "Account information disputed by consumer"

Message 134 of 193
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well good news, SW informed me Equifax's dispute comment changed back to simply "Credit card" after a couple weeks since I initiated the goodwill deletion with PayPal! I'll assume the other agencies are going to do the same thing and will check in, in about a month.

Message 135 of 193
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for this information. I was able to reach all three CRA and have the dispute comments removed.  The lender that I spoke to recommended I do this. Will this effect my credit scores ?

Rich

Message 136 of 193
Anonymous
Not applicable

AWESOME INFORMATION!!!

I used all contacts yesterday & they all worked. Much easier than using snail mail.

Thanks Smiley Happy

Message 137 of 193
Anonymous
Not applicable

What phone number did you use to Equifax?  I was not able to get anyone to even answer the phone.

Message 138 of 193
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, tu_mu,

What phone number did you use for Equifax?

Message 139 of 193
Anonymous
Not applicable

ArkansasLady

go to the first page of replies...ShaneTheMortgageMan has them all listed in his post.

FYI - removing those really helped my scores. When accounts are in dispute, they are not computed into your score. The credit repair service company I was using had requested verification on a few positive accounts.

Good luck!!!

Message 140 of 193
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.