Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Way to Remove "Account In Dispute" for Mortgage Loan

tag
charlie1900
New Visitor

Re: Best Way to Remove "Account In Dispute" for Mortgage Loan

Thank you.  I found an old dispute confirmation email and used that Report number as suggested.   A very helpful Alexander removed my "consumer statements" and said that I will receive an email in 24-72 hrs (weekends count) confirming the removal with a link to view my report.  Was very smooth and easy, now hopefully the email will arriveSmiley Happy   Thank you everyone.  This board is terrific.

Message 91 of 193
cowboyupbbq

Could someone please PM me with the contact info for Dorothy (or someone else who can help) at Equifax.  I sent out some disputes last week, as we are preparing to sell our home and some folks made an offer prior to listing it, so I need to get the disputes removed before I can get the pre-approval on our new home.

Thanks a lot.

Eric

Message 92 of 193
Kae_Aye
Valued Member

@cowboyupbbq wrote:

Could someone please PM me with the contact info for Dorothy (or someone else who can help) at Equifax.  I sent out some disputes last week, as we are preparing to sell our home and some folks made an offer prior to listing it, so I need to get the disputes removed before I can get the pre-approval on our new home.

Thanks a lot.

Eric

Eric,

I used the number and guide in Shane's post on page 1 of this thread and achieved success. I called this morning at 9:30 am, had to leave a message. Just received a call back (10:30 am) stating that the disputes were removed.

Starting Score: 674 Apr 2013
Current FICO EQ Score: 706 Dec 12 2013
Current FAKO TU Score: 699 Dec 3 2013 from CreditKarma
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 93 of 193
usofascott
Valued Member

I have been pre-approved for a loan for my new house.  We are scheduled to close in November when construction is completed. The only condition on the pre-approval is that all disputed items over 500 be gone from report.

I have only one account listing as disputed. It is an old charge-off from Home Depot.  The date of last activity is November 2006.

I have contacted the OC and they will not even talk to me about the account, they say that they issued a 1099c so they can not discuss the account or settle it.  

So, I have two choices, a volunatary payment for the full amount that they say will update to paid in full.  PFD and settled for less are not options. I have tried through the executive offices and gotten no where.

Second choice is to contact CRA and get dispute removed.  How will that affect my score since the account is so old?

Message 94 of 193
1LNurse
Established Member

Usofascott:

Contact the credit agency directly (all 3) tell them you are no longer disputing the account and need the comments removed. They will usually respond within 72 hours with a new report. Equifax took the longest for me  but was done. Call them 1st thing in the am.

good luck

Message 95 of 193
swtneka
Frequent Contributor

I tried the call dorthey thing and she transferred me to CRS and they disputed the dispute comments. Ugh 30 days they say. Anyone who had to dispute the dispute comments know the turn around.

Message 96 of 193
SWH2013
New Visitor

When you remove a dispute from your credit report, what does that do to your credit score?  Is there a benefit to wait until the credit bureaus remove it or is it a good option to pay to have the mtg lender do a rapid rescore based off of the confirmation letters I received from the credit card copmpanies?  Thanks

Message 97 of 193
Ks18
New Visitor

I was preapproved for a loan 3 days ago. On my credit report it stated I had a judgement from years ago. I then filed a dispute. Now the mirtgage guy at the bank said I can not get underwriting don for the actual mortgage since I have an open disput. What do I do?  I called experian, that's who the dispute is with, and they won't cancel my open dispute. I literally will not get this home because of a small dispute. Is there anything I can do. I have called and spoke with numerous people and they say I have to wait 30 days. I close on the home before that. Help please!  Thank you. 

Message 98 of 193
redsox31324
New Contributor

I was able to remove my disputes right away through Experian. I have a monitoring service through one of the fako sites (creditscore.com) and I called their member services. After confirming my identity, they transferred me to someone in the dispute dept who deleted all disputes on my credit report. I even received an email the next day stating that they were removed and sent it along to my LO.
It's crazy that you might have to pay a membership fee to get this done, but there it is.
I know there are others on this forum who had success other ways, but this was my experience.
Hope it helps
Message 99 of 193
gettinright
New Visitor

I hope this not too late, but I called Dorothy with Equifax very recently and left a voicemail. She requested my name, DOB, SS#, 10 digit reference number for the original dispute filed, and a callback number. I specifically referenced the account that I was talking about. She called and told me that ALL disputes with EQ had been removed. You can google her by using her name, EQ, and disputes and you will be able to find her number there. If you can't I don't know how to do the PM thing, but if you tell me I will be happy to do it. Thanks

I hope this helps and Thank GOD for the person who originally posted the information about Dorothy.

Message 100 of 193
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.