Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Way to Remove "Account In Dispute" for Mortgage Loan

tag
amanda1266
Valued Member

Re: Best Way to Remove "Account In Dispute" for Mortgage Loan

Just called all 3 credit bureaus this morning using the information on page 1 of this port and all 3 agreed to remove account in dispute comments.  Thanks for this great information!

Message 141 of 193
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just contact all 3 bureaus directly and asked that the dispute remarks be removed.  I had no problem at all with the customer service rep's willingness to do so.  I should see an updated report within 72 hours without the dispute remarks. 

Call the CRAs and ask.  I anticipated some push-back but really received none at all.

Message 142 of 193
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a unique one. All of a sudden a collection appeared on my credit from a collector of "lvnv funding". Looking into it seemsbe for a citi bank card with last date of deluinqincy of 3/2009. Nothing was ever in my report until "lvnv funding" showed up in 4/2011. It is well past the statue of limitations, but my mortgage company I have applied to wants "something" to resovle this. I have had a mortgage on my first house in 2012, they also tried to help me with this, but no one can explain why there was nothing on my report for collecting on a citi bank card. What can I do about this???????

Message 143 of 193
Anonymous
Not applicable

Coffeeboy - You should technically dispute with the credit reporting agency first requesting validation, but I got good results with a similar situation. I don't even know the collection was for, but I went to www.consumerfinance.gov

Submit a complaint under debt collection. It will allow you to enter that companies name. Select disclosure verification of debt. Some of these collection companies have a bad practice of throwing things on credit reports without sending out anything to the consumer. If this is the case, the Consumer Finance Protection Bureau will make them remove it from your report. But be aware that they can always decide to do it the correct way and send you a debt validation letter & put it back on.

Both of these methods take some time though...good luck

Message 144 of 193
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well so far all 3 credit bureaus will not remove the dispute comments on my report, nor will the creditor. I am at a loss as to what to do at this point. Also 
Dorothy is no longer at Equifax. 

Message 145 of 193
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Well so far all 3 credit bureaus will not remove the dispute comments on my report, nor will the creditor. I am at a loss as to what to do at this point. Also 
Dorothy is no longer at Equifax. 

If you cant get satisfaction from anyone then file a CFPB complaint on both EQ & the creditor(s)        http://www.consumerfinance.gov/complaint/

Message 146 of 193
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did that. It would be nice if LO didnt wait until the last damn second to point out that disputes need to be removed. Not only are the accounts not even mine, I never filed the disputes!  Now, because I am out of time I will be living in a motel because I am out of time. Oh well..

Message 147 of 193
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well i shared this infor with my husband. He made the calls and had great success with TU and EQ but unfortunately EX wont budge. They said that due to a recent change they will no longer delete items. They must dispute the dispute with the creditor which has 30 days to respond....... not happy about that. Does anyone have any feed back on how long this process ay take. Maybe what it took for them. I know they have up to 30 days but of course we are hoping for less.
Message 148 of 193
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please tell me how to get a creditor to remove the wording of dispute off of my credit report. I am trying to get a home loan in 2 weeks finalized. However I can not get the credit company to remover the wording consumer disputes. One actually a charge off. They have it listed 0 balance charge off consumer disputes. Ugh!!! I'm so afraid I'm going to lose my dream house because of this. Btw, Experian will not remove your disputes by calling them . They changed their policy. Please help TIA
Message 149 of 193
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Well i shared this infor with my husband. He made the calls and had great success with TU and EQ but unfortunately EX wont budge. They said that due to a recent change they will no longer delete items. They must dispute the dispute with the creditor which has 30 days to respond....... not happy about that. Does anyone have any feed back on how long this process ay take. Maybe what it took for them. I know they have up to 30 days but of course we are hoping for less.

I asked for a supervisor, rep got back on the phone and said she was authorized to do it and did it. Be a little pushy. Its your loan counting on it!

Message 150 of 193
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.