Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best mortgage company to get good rate for score less then 700

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Best mortgage company to get good rate for score less then 700

I am interested in applying for a mortgage. i am currently renting but keep hereing alot about the low rates. My current credit score is 650 ia there a good mortgage lender that would approve me with a chance of getting a rate close to the current low rates??? Any information or advice would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Best mortgage company to get good rate for score less then 700

I am interested in an fha loan let me know if you have had good luck with a lender and a good rate

Message 2 of 6
JusdoNit
Established Contributor

What state are you in?  Realtors usually know of a good local lender, but still do your own research.Smiley Surprised

Starting Score: 722
Current Score: Now 687 what the hockey sticks...from a 784 (Aug 12 EX 751 EQ Fico)
Goal Score: 800

If your outGo is more than your INcome than your UpKeep will become your downFALL.

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 3 of 6
birjest
Frequent Contributor

I am going with Primelending.  I was told that the lowset they go is 620.  I went in with a 653, but my score now is a 663.  Either way, once you meet the company min for FHA, you will get the going FHA rate.

5/30/15 EQ 596; TU 605; EX 580.
12/18/17 EQ 646; TU 660; EX 674.
7/30/23 EQ 708; TU 703; EX 721.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am in florida. Also my next questions is I am renting and want to by the house I am renting I dont really need to get a realtor involved do I???

Message 5 of 6
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Have you ever purchased before? Do you know the comparable sales - recent sales for true comps in the neighborhood? If so, then you might be comfortable managing the sale on your own without a Realtor. Just make sure you have a knowledgeable attorney to represent your interest when you write up and present your offer. Don't use a "standard form" contract from an office supply store. Those contracts are poor substitues for a good real estate contract.  Make sure you have an attorney prepare your purchase agreement. The contract is the single most important element of the purchase. Also you will need a third party to hold the escrow, like a title company or real estate attorney. Make sure to shop real estate attorney's. Some will work with you on the price to prepare a contract if they also get the title work but the cost to close varies tremendously from place to place (not the title insurance itself so much, it's the other title settlement fees).

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.