Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best place for VA loan

tag
Tooliebell
Frequent Contributor

Best place for VA loan

My mom is in the market for a new home.  She is retired and receives social security, a pension from her work, and a VA pension from my deceased father.  This VA pension makes her eligible for VA loans.  I have explained to her I think this her best route, but her primary bank does not do VA loans and has steered her down the RD loan path.  I am not sure of the best place to shop around for a VA loan, should she try a broker or just keep calling financial institutions?

Also, will her being retired hinder her ability to get a VA loan?  She has been retired for about 2 years now with an impecable employment history prior.

Thanks for any information.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

Re: Best place for VA loan

Try Veterans United Home Loans.  That's who I am going thru when I apply for a mortgage.  They strictly do VA Loans and nothing else and they are the largest VA lender in the nation.  They are the actual lender, too.  You won't be jumping from person to person.  Everything is streamlined.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.