cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Better chance for getting a loan now, or further away?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Better chance for getting a loan now, or further away?

I posted some time ago with concerns that my credit score would not meete the 620 requirement for most loans. Well, in February I went ahead and had a lender pull our scores to find that my mid score was in the 630's - yay! However...since then, one of my medical collection accounts that is somewhat approaching SOL (DOFD was 11/04)  had an update of a KD for  the month of March by one of the CA's...which set me back. To counteract it, I had a successful PFD - which I believe has brought me right back into the 620+ range for my mid score. I just pulled my EQ Fico score, and it's a 629 - which is actually better than what it was (previously 618). Anyway, my score is not my biggest concern right now - my biggest concern is that one of my accounts has now been updated, which means I have had activity in the past 12 months, right? Will this take me out of the game for finally realizing my dream of owning a house? It's a medical collection - but I'm not experienced enough to know if the KD counts as a late, or if it's just an update as activity by the CA? Either way, I'm guessing this REALLY hurts me. Any thoughts? I can provide any other info needed, if this is not enough. Thanks!!!! Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Re: Better chance for getting a loan now, or further away?

For collection accounts underwriters go by the "assigned" or "submitted" date.  Often it says "account submitted to collections XX/XX", and so if there is a late payment or activity after that date, it will appear as a negative to automated underwriting (since automated underwriting just processes what is on a credit report), but a human being underwriter will see that the creditor is just being malicious and will still go by the assigned/submitted date.

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Better chance for getting a loan now, or further away?

THANK YOU!! That helps a lot Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.