Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Better rate with more income?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Better rate with more income?

Will I get a better mortgage rate if my boyfriend and I report his 2nd income? When we were pre-approved (6 months ago) we both had full time jobs but very recently he has gotten a 2nd full time job (I know, he's crazy but he loves his work). I still have my job of course. Our debt-to-income ratio should be even better so am I right in assuming our rate will be better as well?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

Re: Better rate with more income?

in very few situations, there is a benefit to have a lower debt ratio.

but, 2nd income will likely be disallowed due to the length of employment on the 2nd job 

Retired Lender
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

What if it was a part-time job for over a year? It became full time last month. AND actually he's been with them since 2006. Here's the whole scenario:

It was his first job out of college (company A), he worked there for a year, but got a better job and higher pay at his current full time (company B), but company A didn't want to let him go, so company A kept him on part time and have now asked he work full time...so he has 2 full time jobs.

Company A of course understands that B is his priority and they basically agreed to his conditions of full time.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

just re-read your comment and noticed you already pointed out that it's a benefit "in very few situations"

thank you for your quick reply. I'm just hoping for the best scenario and overthinking things. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.