Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Big news, rates are probably gonna drop back down

tag
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

Big news, rates are probably gonna drop back down

Feds decided not to tapper QE3. I would expect rates to drop again big time.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
krenee2525
New Contributor

Re: Big news, rates are probably gonna drop back down

YAY!!!!!  I'm currently locked in at 4.625% until 10/10 but I know my house will not be complete by that date, so this is GREAT news for me!!!  Thanks for the information!

Beginning Score: 620 TU; 634 EX; 613 EQ - all lender pulled 4/15/13
Current Score: 677 TU ; 661 EQ; 648 EX - all lender pulled 6/6/13
Goal Score: 700
Message 2 of 6
foofighter74
Established Contributor

The chief economist for Freddie Mac just stated he expects mortgage rates to hit 5% by the middle of next year. You might see some leveling off for a while, but the 3.25 rate we locked in in May is a thing of the past for a long time I believe. 

Message 3 of 6
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

some lenders didnt reprice today.

i saw an average of .25% drop

when we see big drops like this, the lenders will keep some of the spread for a few days to protect themselves in case they shoot back up.

Retired Lender
Message 4 of 6
frugalQ
Valued Contributor

I just read about the Fed's decision...and I agree that they will drop.  However, I think it will be temporary....the feds can't continue this program forever

I also read that the new housing starts were below expectation.  People stopped buying once the interest rates and home prices skyrocketed simultaneously.  I think new home builders will bring back better incentives because they are not moving these homes like they were earlier this year.  Real Estate is such a tightrope walk....whew!

AmEx Green NPSL | Amex BCP 16K | Citi Simplicity 10k | Discover IT 9K | Chase Slate 7.5K | Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass 7K | Capital One QuickSilver 6K | Home Depot 5k | Chase Freedom 4.5K | LOC 2.5K
Message 5 of 6
moneypenny02
New Contributor

@DallasLoanGuy wrote:

some lenders didnt reprice today.

i saw an average of .25% drop

when we see big drops like this, the lenders will keep some of the spread for a few days to protect themselves in case they shoot back up.

I was deciding whether to lock this morning and we ended up waiting until after the speech, and my lender gave me a rate drop of .125 -- from 4.625 - 4.5%.  We locked in today, but maybe we should have waited another day.  :-(

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.