Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Big score increase since mortgage application

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Big score increase since mortgage application

FIrst - thanks to everyone for their replies.

Well - the dispute is from 4 years ago - it's just the notation under remarks.  If it were an active dispute, it would actualy be pulling my FICO down, as the account has a $50 balance, and over 10 years of 100% on-time payment history.  As I wrote, there was a 30 day late, that was resolved after I disputed it.  I've found that many creditors are just lazy, and do not remove the remark.

Sort of annoying.  I get why a dispute on an account that has negatives on it must be closed.  Makes no logical sense why a notation on a completely positive account must be resolved - but I guess we must play the game!

In the end, the lower pull may help me.  The LO said I only qualified for a state FHA program (PFHA), and the interest rate I locked into was 3.86%.  This is a pretty good rate, no?  Even with PMI?  I'm wondering if its even worth the bother of repulling.

Another question - how could they not repull during underwriting?  How do they know that the dispute is actually resolved?  I had 3 disputes on negative items at time of application - these items were all deleted, so I'm guessing the underwriter will somehow need proof of this, no?  Is there any way for them the tell without a hard pull?  I didn't think that sort of think came through on a soft pull.

Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.