cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BofA FHA Loan Modification Trial Period over. When will they report to bureaus?

tag
bryman21
Established Member

BofA FHA Loan Modification Trial Period over. When will they report to bureaus?

I was approved for a Loan Modification from BofA and am about to make my 5th trial payment of $1,111.  They said I would only make 3 trial payments, but there was some problem with my title (their issue not mine).   My credit reports are still showing 120+ days past due on my former mortgage, and BofA keeps updating it every month as me not making a payment!    My FICOs keep dropping!   Any way to get them to report that I have been paying on time since November 1, 2012? 

Kind Regards!

Starting Score: 552
Current Score: 592
Goal Score: 660

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Re: BofA FHA Loan Modification Trial Period over. When will they report to bureaus?

Modifications are a whole different story..

While a Bank agrees to a modification, technically you are not fulfilling your mortgage obligation. So in contrast you are late with your payment.

You can call them up and discuss your options and see if they will stop reporting you being late, but I wouldnt get my hopes up. Basically from the little I have seen with modifications being reported, the impact is generally the same as being late. Some Lenders will report it, and some do not.

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 2 of 3
Kozmo
Frequent Contributor

Re: BofA FHA Loan Modification Trial Period over. When will they report to bureaus?

The problem with BOA is that while they tell you their trial periods are 3 months...in many cases they tend to go much longer. I have talked to people who have been on a trial mod for 6-10 months and still no word on a final decision.

Best to all your single point of contact.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.