cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bonus income

tag
jdm2008

Bonus income

I've been employed at my job for 2 years.  We recieve a yearly bonus that is a percentage of income.  I am aware of the averaging method that is used.  We get the bonus in two payments, august and Febuary.  I started in the middle of the year of 2014 , so my proration was substantially decreased.  in 2015 I recieved the full amount of both payments.   How is my bonus going to be calculated?  Are they just going to average what I recieved?  If that is the case if I wait until I recieve payment in August, will they count the payment in the calculation and go back two years even though the time period will be in between 2 years and not full years?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Bonus income

Typically will average the prior two years as long as it is not declining. We use the amount that comes back on the verification of employment (VOE). 

Message 2 of 5
jdm2008

Message 3 of 5
jdm2008

Do the VOEs include protated amounts? Or do they just say as an example 50k  +10%  bonus and 100% recieved or something similialr?

Message 4 of 5
Mrsg714
Contributor

My lender just took the average of the two years since there was an increase. It was based on what was shown in my pay stubs. My first year at my job my bonus was very small. Luckily, we receive our bonuses once a year in March so I was able to use average of 2015 and 2016.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.