cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bounce bounce bounce, Closing is tomorrow!

tag
rivernh
Contributor

Bounce bounce bounce, Closing is tomorrow!

I'm taking a packing break and I'm bouncing off the wall.

My landlord is mad at me because of course he wanted to show my present apartment during my closing, but I don't have anyone to watch the dog and said it wasn't a good time and he got pissy. My dog is not dangerous, but she would be a ferocious ten pound barking machine if a stranger entered with no family home.

Just about any other time its not a problem *sigh*.You would think he would be happy I'm going to be out more than  week early, even though I've paid up till the end of the month. I did email him again and tell him I would put the darned dog in her kennel before I went to closing if he wanted, but she would probably bark like mad at the potential tenants anyway.

However, I have great news, I got the final figure from the LO on what check amount I have to have at the closing and its nearly 2K less than the GFE!  I was ready for it to be more if needed, so I am in really good shape.

The movers are coming Friday, no phone, cable or internet until Monday, but that keeps me on task unpacking!

New furniture being delivered Tues and Wed.  (I've been waiting to buy new furniture!)  Living room furniture on Tues, and bedroom furniture on Wed. (My bedroom set I have now is disgusting)....

I think I'm going insane.

Back to packing.

Message Edited by rivernh on 03-17-2009 03:09 PM
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Bounce bounce bounce, Closing is tomorrow!

Awesome news about the GFE. You must really be bouncing off the walls....argh...how to pass the time. Just got to bed. hehe. Good luck tomorrow!!
Message 2 of 5
WannaHouse
Valued Contributor

Woo Hoo!! That's great news!!

Hope everything continues to go smoothly until you are moving the boxes in.  Smiley Happy  Smiley Happy

Congrats

Kathy

We are finally homeowners!!

Closed May 5th-30 yr fixed at 5.25%.

Message 3 of 5
GFer
Valued Contributor

Congratulations!!!

Seeings how you'll be out a week early, I don't think the landlord has a right to be pissy with you. I would have told him/her that if you're going to be like that, you can wait and show it when I'm out. Oh, well---you're almost outta there!

EQ 817, EX 815, TU 813 (Updated 1/5/18: TU 843

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 5
rivernh
Contributor

He's just mad because the only tenants he has that paid rent on time were myself and the downstairs neighbor, and we both bought homes and are moving out--my neighbor is out already.

I'm glad I'm moving out this week too because the guy he rented the apt downstairs starting April is skeevy and sends off all kinds of warning radar and knocked on my door at 9 pm the other night asking if the maintenance guy was there!  (ummmm no, he doesn't live here).  He tried to say he thought my car was the maintenance guys car (they look nothing alike)

I was soooo glad I had a friend over helping me pack.  Oh and the fact I was holding a barking dachshund didn't hurt either Smiley Happy

Think I should mention it to the maintenance guy while he is showing my apartment to the prospective tenants tomorrow?  *grins*

Message Edited by rivernh on 03-17-2009 08:57 PM
Message Edited by rivernh on 03-17-2009 08:59 PM
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.