Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bridge loan - 8K Tax credit

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bridge loan - 8K Tax credit

Hi

Has anyone use the 8K tax credit towards the downpayment/ closing cost? If you do please kindly share your experience.

I'm intend to do the same, but not sure what's the proper steps. My understanding is we need to apply a short term bridge loan.

and apply after making an offer for a property or when an offer is accepted?

How long does the bridge loan takes to process? I check my loan office from BoA, they do not offer bridge loan financing.

Any good recommendation for a lender?

Thank You in advance for your input.

Best Regards,

Muthu

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
XAVIERSMAMA
Regular Contributor

Re: Bridge loan - 8K Tax credit

Most of these loans come from your state or local housing authorities.  Check with your city or county's housing authority to see whether they provide this type of loans.  I could be wrong but I think these bridge loans are for FHA loans, so if you are going conventional you might not be able to use this for down payment.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

My understanding is this can be use for either for FHA or conventional financing.  Can anyone confirm this? Thanks.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
My understanding is this can be use for either for FHA or conventional financing.  Can anyone confirm this? Thanks.

Not a clue regarding conventional, but with regard to FHA, note that it can't be the first 3.5% -- the down payment, in other words -- of your cash to close. You still have to supply that. Any funds from a tax-credit bridge loan can then supplement the down payment, and/or apply to buyer's closing costs.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, i do aware of the tax credit cannot be use as the 3.5% down for FHA loan :-)  Anyone else had the experience for applying bridge loan for the 8K credit and for conventional financing?

Many thanks!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.