Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bridgeview bank vs primelending

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bridgeview bank vs primelending

The person I was using for my loan just switched from primelending to bridgeview bank. Anyone ever heard of Bridgeview bank ? Used them? If so what was your experience? I won't be ready to purchase a mortgage loan for a few months...but Three companies have pulled my credit in the last year. Wouldn't it be wiser to use someone that has already pulled my report (to prevent my score from dropping) than to get a new inquiry from a new company? I know quicken pulled a couple of years ago, cross country and prime lending about 8 months ago.
4 REPLIES 4
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Re: Bridgeview bank vs primelending

I worked for BridgeView Bank for a little while.  They have branches all over the U.S.  A lot of how your experience goes will depend on the loan officer & branch your loan is being done by.  Loan officer as far as communication, and the branch will matter as far as support goes.

You have a 30-day window for your credit to be checked until a new mortgage inquiry will impact your score further.  It doesn't matter what company pulled it.  The only thing that matters is the 30-day window.  So it sounds like all of your mortgage inquiries are over 30-days, so you can have your credit checked by any mortgage lender (Quicken, Cross Country, PrimeLending, or any other company) and the new inquiry will impact your score just the same.

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ohhh okay. I was under the impression that if i went with one of the companies that I've applied with before when they pull my credit it wouldn't have any impact since they've pulled it in the past.
Message 3 of 5
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Ohhh okay. I was under the impression that if i went with one of the companies that I've applied with before when they pull my credit it wouldn't have any impact since they've pulled it in the past.

doesnt work that way

Retired Lender
Message 4 of 5
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

i dont know bridgeview. but i worked for prime over 5yrs ago.

solid company.... not the sharpest rates.... back then.

your experience can be different depending on the branch your loan officer works for. they set their own rates

Retired Lender
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.