Re: Broken dream

"gonna hate replacing that gold spade though"

What does a gold spade mean?

Message 11 of 19
Lemmus
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Help me.  They'd rather foreclose on the house, then take your offer?  Now what kind of sense does that make?

...makes some kind of sense to them I guess ...you know how it is with bureacracies ...when the train starts to move there just ain't no stopping it Smiley Frustrated

Helpful Links: Do I Qualify? | Mortgage Calculator | USDA Mortgages | Opt Out | FICO Versions
Last HP: 11/04/15 | myFico 3B Jun 10 '15:FICO8 EQ - 752 | TU - 763 | EX - 750
Message 12 of 19
Lemmus
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

"gonna hate replacing that gold spade though"

What does a gold spade mean?

...six months in the garden without an hp

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Garden-Club-May-2015/td-p/3975845

Helpful Links: Do I Qualify? | Mortgage Calculator | USDA Mortgages | Opt Out | FICO Versions
Message 13 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

One word - whiskey.

Message 14 of 19
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

I am so sorry that you lost your potential home Lemmus. 

It is very difficult when you have so much invested in time and emotions to have the asset manager just sit on the offer and not respond. I have seen this before, especially if there are two or more mortgages on the property and the first mortgage is small relative to the value. In those types of instances, the lender would much rather foreclose as it benefits the lender financially more than a short sale. I don't know your specific situation, but it is really a shame that WF just offered it as a short sale as part of the checklist before foreclosure rather than earnestly offering the property for sale.

You will find another property I'm sure.

On another note: Congratulations on your Community Leader status ...I haven't been on as much lately and missed your new catagory! Glad to see it Smiley Happy

Message 15 of 19
frugalQ
Valued Contributor

i agree with Bama and SO10....it makes no sense, but there's something out there for you.  I told my story on another post today how we had to back out of our 1st contract due to the lot, and i was so upset over it.  however, it turned out to be the best decision because the house we ultimately bought is perfect for our family.

it will all work out in the end....just stay positive!  *and don't go running up those new cards!!!*  Smiley Tongue

AmEx Green NPSL | Amex BCP 16K | Citi Simplicity 10k | Discover IT 9K | Chase Slate 7.5K | Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass 7K | Capital One QuickSilver 6K | Home Depot 5k | Chase Freedom 4.5K | LOC 2.5K
Message 16 of 19
Lemmus
Established Contributor

@StartingOver10 wrote:

On another note: Congratulations on your Community Leader status ...I haven't been on as much lately and missed your new catagory! Glad to see it Smiley Happy

...yeah, well somebody has to do shore patrol duty, eh Smiley Wink

...and thanks all ...not really expecting any solution, just wanted to pass on my new situation ...I know its out there, just got to find it Smiley Very Happy

...one thing getting this close taught me was all the minituae involved in the closing process ...its not a sane industry at all Smiley Frustrated

Message 17 of 19
mwv813
New Visitor

Man, sorry to hear.  I knew foreclosures were difficult, but couldn't imagine going through what you guys are.

Starting FICO 8 Score: EQ: 604 TU: 607 EX: 572 03/26/15
Current FICO 8 Score: EQ: 678 TU: 705 EX: 678 05/08/17
Goal FICO 8 Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 18 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Shame lem. But who knows. 500 days with no maintainance....I know you are in FL but yikes.

Working against the ultimate double whammy, A USDA loan and a short sale, you are a braver soul than I. Something goods coming your way Smiley Wink

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.