Established Member
Photochick

Builder's Lender and Down Payment Assistance

Hi all!!
I have been reading/lurking for a couple of months and now am about to begin this process. Pray for me! Lol
Looking to purchase a new build townhome and when I asked the builder's lender about the state's Mortgage Assistance program, he told me they don't work with them.
Question: If I go with the builder's lender, am I able to apply for downpayment assistance separately? Or does it all have to be done together with a new lender that works with the state's program?
Super Contributor
ShanetheMortgageMan

Re: Builder's Lender and Down Payment Assistance

The state program will have a list of approved lenders, and normally you'd have to select one of those approved lenders.  The reason being is they are specifically trained on the down payment assistance program.

Established Member
Photochick

Ok thanks for that information Shane!
Valued Contributor
ezdriver

I work for a national home builder. When our preferred mortgage partner cannot help a buyer client with the application process for downpayment assistance programs, we allow the buyer prospects to use their own source and still collect the closing cost assistance that we offer. Occasionally, good assistance can be had from real estate agents who have closed transactions involving down payment assistance programs.

Starting Score: 618
Scores on 10/9/13: EFX 652, XPN 669, TUC 662
Scores on 3/17/14: EFX 649, XPN 677, TUC 681
Goal Score: 720 ALL

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+