Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Building Permits

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Building Permits

For those doing new construction how long did it generally take for them to come back approved that so they could break ground?  Permits were submitted for my townhome the last week of May and STILL are not back from the county yet.  My delivery date has already been pushed back a month because of it....Grrrr!! Smiley Mad
Message Edited by MsDonesha on 07-24-2009 08:26 AM
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
BrianB_The_Loan_Professor
Valued Contributor

Re: Building Permits

This is a regional thing

It will be different based on the county

check with the builder they should know

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Brian B The Loan Professor
Mortgage Banker - offering FHA, VA, USDA , and Conventional mortgages in all 50 states -

If I do not respond to a follow up question please feel free to contact me directly
Message 2 of 4
nevernv01
Valued Member

Hi, I am also building a townhome. I am in Florida, and was told last week that it takes about 3 weeks for permiting. They have put up the plumbing pipes,which I was told can be done without permitting. Once the permitts come back, I will do my preconstruction walk through. I was advised then I will get my approx closing date. Both KB Home and Ryland are building in my community. Ryland is super fast when it come to building. KB is not to far behind. I am going with KB. Good luck.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@nevernv01 wrote:

Hi, I am also building a townhome. I am in Florida, and was told last week that it takes about 3 weeks for permiting. They have put up the plumbing pipes,which I was told can be done without permitting. Once the permitts come back, I will do my preconstruction walk through. I was advised then I will get my approx closing date. Both KB Home and Ryland are building in my community. Ryland is super fast when it come to building. KB is not to far behind. I am going with KB. Good luck.

Three weeks is quick!! Lucky you.  This week was the 2 month mark for me.  I was told last week that I'm on the schedule to start 3 Aug with the expectation that the permits will be back.  Today is Thursday -- Monday is the 3rd, not looking good to me.  Luckily, I'm staying with family, so the changes in finish date aren't a problem where that's concerned.  The only date I'm concerned with is 30 Nov -- the last day to file for the tax credit.  I started this process back in May thinking it would go quicker than dealing with bidding wars on a re-sale.  So far, not seeing an advantage!  Congrats to you on your new home!! Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.