Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Building a new home journey with PICS

tag
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Re: Building a new home journey with PICS

Insert image button should open up your downloads. Choose your pics from there. Looks a little like a tree underneath the capital A.

Message 51 of 86
adymax
Contributor

3 weeks to final walk trough. These pictures were taken last weekend.   Drywall is up with first paint coat on. Exterior gets painted. Flooring,lights,stairs rails and kitchen, baths have to be installed , also siding, concrete  and asphalt outside, plus sod.A lot of work for  3 weeks.

Message 52 of 86
krenee2525
New Contributor

Looking good adymax!!!  I think we're on the same timeline.  I need to upload some pics.  They are almost done bricking my house, the doors are on, the walls have been painted, the cabinets are in but not stained yet.

Beginning Score: 620 TU; 634 EX; 613 EQ - all lender pulled 4/15/13
Current Score: 677 TU ; 661 EQ; 648 EX - all lender pulled 6/6/13
Goal Score: 700
Message 53 of 86
adymax
Contributor

@Krenee we want to see some pics.  Thank You

Message 54 of 86
gotideas
New Contributor

looks great.  amazing how it comes together.  good luck with it all

Message 55 of 86
BeBop
Established Member

wwwwwwwwooooooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!

So glad I found this THREAD!!!

I just paid my 3.5% down playment on my builders contract as well. Was told they'll start the building process 10/04/13 but I won't see any concrete being laid down until early December.

Am going Thursday to the design studio to select everything for the build. Then I have to pay another down payment on the options I chose.

I too am going through FHA loan as well. Was told by my LO if my shift differential isn't accounted for in underwriting then I'd be 47% DTI and that's kind of high in his eyes. He told me my other option, in a worst case scenario, would be a 5yr ARM which would lower my DTI to about 41%.  I've showed him my TAX return and my Pay Stubs, its just the fact that I haven't been on my job for more than 2yrs. I've been there for only 1.5yrs but by the time I close I'd be at my 2yr mark.  Again, this was all last wednesday when he told me this. its only been a couple of days but from reading these success stories and reading these horror stories Im actully VERY MELLOW. 

My LO has been very great with telling me WHAT FORMS he need from me, WHAT TO sign etc and what to expect.  I dont get the "blowing smoke" or "shady" vibe from him at all.

He was actually preparing me for underwriting before I even signed my builders contract.

I've already written a LOE for my Cap1 Charge off, submitted bank statements, submitted W2's & Pay Stubs, they even asked for my NC state transcript to prove the years I said I was in college,  also already paid the UPFRONT appraisal fee that Wells Fargo reqs (eventhough my home isn't built yet, its a requirement!)

Message 56 of 86
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

BeBop, you might want to app with another lender too. There are lenders out there that will take one years tax returns instead of two. It doesn't hurt to have an approval from another mortgage lender that is not a big box bank. JIC.

adymax, love your new home! It is so exciting to see it come together Smiley Happy Keep posting those pics!

Message 57 of 86
adymax
Contributor

More pictures. Kitchen and baths cabinets are in,doors are up.  Also vinyl floors are in. Fixtures are up. We decided to go with standard flooring/cabinets/countertop to keep costs down.

Message 58 of 86
krenee2525
New Contributor

Very NICE!!!  So your cabinets came stained already?  I'm just asking cause mine are in but haven't been stained yet...not sure when they are going to stain them.  Anyway, I have been extremely busy, but I know I need to upload some photos..I went on the inside this past Saturday and left my phone in the car Smiley Sad...I'm going to stop by after work today to get more recent pics so that I can upload tonight or first thing tomorrow.

Beginning Score: 620 TU; 634 EX; 613 EQ - all lender pulled 4/15/13
Current Score: 677 TU ; 661 EQ; 648 EX - all lender pulled 6/6/13
Goal Score: 700
Message 59 of 86
adymax
Contributor

Yes. I’m pretty sure they came stained. Can’t wait to see the pictures. 

Message 60 of 86
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.