Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Building with VA Home Loan Journey

tag
Sweetkoils
Established Member

Our New Home on its way!!!

Hi everyone.  We are finally starting to build our home.  We went through things pretty well, just a bunch of waiting and patience.  We have a brick foundation up, the wood, porta potty and bricks all on the the land.  I am very humble and excited as well. Please forgive me for not updating. It all was just a waiting period.  They started preping the land about two weeks ago.  I tried to upload pics, but was unable to.  Will continue trying however.  Thank you and please update me with you guys's journey.  I love to see them.  Feel free to ask me any questions.  Smiley Happy  

Message 21 of 31
dreamer2014
Regular Contributor

Re: Building with VA Home Loan Journey

Thanks for sharing. We are still in underwriting. It's been over a week now and closing is Monday. For some reason, I don't feel anxious about it maybe because I pray each time anxiety sets in Smiley Happy

keep us posted
Myfico: 03/26/2015: EQ 652, EX 680, TU 738 Barclays

Barclays $4.7K, NFCU Platinum $15K, AMEX BCE $15k, HD $12k, Sams $3.5k, Walmart MC $3.5K, NFCU LOC 10K, GE local Furn store $3.5k, AMEX ED $10.5K
Message 22 of 31
Sweetkoils
Established Member

Smiley Happy Prayer definitely helps!

Message 23 of 31
Zorasmiles
Established Contributor

@Sweetkoils wrote:

Smiley Happy Prayer definitely helps!

Thank you so very much for sharing your journey with the myfico community.  It definitely lifts my spirits and brings everything into perspective. I am so happy for you and other members who are in the process of building their homes.  Update when you can and once again "congrats".  Chris

FICO scores are your calling card to the business world. Build a negative reputation and those doors are hard to open, find that perfect balance of credit responsibility and those doors open when you desire them.
Message 24 of 31
Sweetkoils
Established Member

Hi Chris,  It is definately my pleasure to help someone to know that dreams and accomplishments can be done.  We never thought we would ever be building our very own home.  My hubby had crabby credit and I was at the time working on mine.  Somehow, things started to get better.  Dispute after dispute and the wait was long.  We did it.  A little faith carries BIG weight.  Who ever out there that have any doubt, I'm here to let you know that it can be done.  Please never give up okay.  Thanks.  The outside of the home is nearly complete.  I'm still in awe. Very Thankful!!! 

Message 25 of 31
Zorasmiles
Established Contributor

Sweetkoils you are definitely right about never giving up!  In my younger years I took my very nice credit score and credit for granted.  Hit a rough patch in '08 and realized I was out of touch with the new unforgiving nature of creditors and ruthless collection agencies.  Now I'm truly realistic about how quickly a perfect situation can go bad and if you're a bit extended on your credit lines, you could be left in the crashing plane position credit wise lol I'm so happy for you and so many others that have achieved all their credit and home buying goals.  My goals 1) continue to rebuild 2) land purchase 3) construction to permanent mortgage.  It will happen, I have no doubt! 

FICO scores are your calling card to the business world. Build a negative reputation and those doors are hard to open, find that perfect balance of credit responsibility and those doors open when you desire them.
Message 26 of 31
Sweetkoils
Established Member

Hi there, I am just checking on you and I hope things are manifesting in your life. I have been in my home for almost a year. I want to encourage you guys that it is plenty of success for everyone. I hope you all are a step further than you were last year. Blessings to you all and let me know If I can help in anyway.
Message 27 of 31
Sweetkoils
Established Member

They do construction loans. We went through a broker who matched us with a builder who accepts VA funding.
Message 28 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Sweetkoils wrote:
They do construction loans. We went through a broker who matched us with a builder who accepts VA funding.

Hey Sweetkoils-

Thanks so much for sharing your VA home loan and build journey. My partner and I are in the process of getting all our ducks in a row to start the process of building a duplex thru a VA Loan. Is is possible for you to write down the exact steps you took from start to finish in building your home? Did you guys purchase the land with your mortage loan or was that something you bought before hand with another loan? Was your construstion loan and mortage loan all with one loan approval process or was it more then that. How did you find a builder willing to work with a VA loan? Were you able to custom build your home or was there a model they went by. Please let me know any question you can answer as I would really apprecaite it..If you would rather PM back with your answers that works for me as well. Please let me know either way if you could help me.. ThanksSmiley Happy

Message 29 of 31
Sweetkoils
Established Member

How is everything?  With all respect I hope you have attained anything you went for.  God Bless Love!

Message 30 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.