Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buy a mobile home after bankruptcy

tag
samy2576
New Contributor

Buy a mobile home after bankruptcy

My father just passed the 10 year mark on his bankruptcy so now it is off his credit report. His report is basically blank now, he has done nothing and applied for nothing since then. He would like to buy a mobile home now and has 20% for a downpayment. Would he be approved for something like this? Would it help if I applied with him since I have established credit? (no major negatives, score around 630 only because of semi high card usage). His score is around 646 he said and he has been working at the same job for over 2 years.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Buy a mobile home after bankruptcy

I personally would not co sign for my dad a mobile home. Not sure that your scores are even high enough to help him. He needs to talk to an Fha lender about options... or find a mobile home dealer who has experience dealing with Fha programs.
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 2 of 4
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

You could add him as joint or AU on some of your cards if necessary.
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I no that we have financed people with bankruptcy on their credit after 10 years I believe that it should not be a problem.   It really depends on what lender you go through.

What state is he wanting to buy in?

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.