Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer's Journal

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Buyer's Journal

The only thing you left out was did she give you a big smooch for showing up with the frosty?

Message 11 of 19
frugalQ
Valued Contributor

BamaGuy,  I love it!!!

Make sure to take pics today!!!

AmEx Green NPSL | Amex BCP 16K | Citi Simplicity 10k | Discover IT 9K | Chase Slate 7.5K | Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass 7K | Capital One QuickSilver 6K | Home Depot 5k | Chase Freedom 4.5K | LOC 2.5K
Message 12 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

" The only thing you left out was did she give you a big smooch for showing up with the frosty?"

YES.  On my way out of the office to return the docs.

Then frugal said-

"Make sure to take pics today!!!"

I did pics of MY house, and the other 2, so y'all can see mine is behind LOL.  Soon as I figure out how to post them I'll share.

Message 13 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

My agent called me this morning with the final numbers on the gas lights.  He quoted me 1250.

"price on the lights gonna be 1250"

"WHAT??!!"

"Calm down, that inclued installation,"

"so how much was just hardware?"

"900"

"look here, were y'all not gonna install the electric lights per contract?"

"well yeah, but the gas lights costs more"

"the hardware might, but it ain't gonna cost no more to run the gas to the door than the wires, I shouldn't hafta to pay more for something they were gonna do anyway.  And another thing, I shouldn't have to pay the entire costs of the lights.  I've already bought the electirc, just set them asided and bill me JUST the difference.  Am I making sense?"

"yeah but the purchasing people won't see it that way"

"well you get them back on the phone and enlighten them, no pun intended"

"I'll call ya back, I'm gonna call em right now"

He called me back 30 min later.

"Ok gonna cost 700.  Just the difference in lights, and about 50 dollars in associated material unique to the installation.  (I'm gonna assume talking about the gas line, and fittings.)  I wouldn't call the standard lights "cheap" but we have a vendor that sells us that stuff in bulk, so hefty difference in hardware price.

"I understand that, thanks for taking care of that for us.  Dadgum, thousand here, thousand there, y'all are killin me"

"yeah but thats gonna be a really nice house, y'all have added alot of things to it that will make it special, I can't wait to see it finished."

I didn't have a problem with the electric, but she was adamant about the gas.  The archetiture of the community is Charleston, SC, old south.  She said flickering gas lights fit that type of house, and add elegant "curb appeal."  Push come to shove I'd a paid the 1250 to have them.  The house might not have a front door, but it was dang sure gonna have the gas lights.  Way she felt about it.

Feeling like I accomplished something, I called my wife.

"Man you know you married a good thing"

"LOL oh please, what?"

"I just got your gas lights 40% off what they were askin, and yesterday I tawked chase into givin ME, one of those AARP cards"

"Yippeee!  When they gonna put them in"

"prolly when they get the walls up"

" LOL No I mean when can I see them?"

"It'll be weeks, my guess the builder won't send for them till ready to hang them.  You wanna meet for Mexican usual place?"

"alright, I'll buy.

Still no slab on my house.  Weather turned cold.  The other 2 houses are being framed, one is almost finished.  I feel like my house is a orphan. Smiley Sad 

Message 14 of 19
SamsungHDTV
Established Contributor

"I just got your gas lights 40% off what they were askin, and yesterday I tawked chase into givin ME, one of those AARP cards"

Weren't you suppose to garden? This wont affect plan B will it?

$1250 >> $700. Pro.

Message 15 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Samsung was worried I broke out of the garden and said this-

"Weren't you suppose to garden? This wont affect plan B will it?"

Well yeah I was suppose to, but what can I say?  The credit coach just did a hard pull last week, and she told me the money people will use that pull to update cause the clock ran out on my original, so I was thinking they're not gonna hafta to do anymore, just one more soft pull in late April.  Even on Plan B, my ratios have plenty of room.  I still might get scolded from my credit coach, but she's the one that suggested I go out and secure 2 more cards, so I got 3  LOL.

I'm pre approved for QS but I'm gonna hold off on that till I close.

Chase pulled Exlax, and it cost me one point.  But the simulator says the card will give me a 9 pt boost.  Best point ever spent.  Plus I can eat out with impunity when it comes in.

Message 16 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

After a 2 week delay they finally got the slab poured 2 days ago.  The other 2 silmiltaneous builds in the community are almost framed, so mine is behind, but that's ok, the weather turned cold or wet before the crew could get to mine.  As I mentioned earlier the other 2 builds are the same model as mine, just different color exteriors, and whatever upgrades you added.  I don't see how the other 2 bought more extra stuf than we did LOL.

I went by there yesterday to view the results.  I mostly wanted to affirm the patio pad was poured, that is something the other 2 builds lack, so I feared a oversight.  I paid a extra 1200 bucks for it, I forget the dimensions, but it is a large pad.  Our home has a excellent backyard view of the meadows and hills, and the golf course to one side.  We plan to entertain back there.

The floor plugs were also in place.  For no more than what they are, caused alot of consternation.  I mean its hard to place them looking at just plans.  After the 1st floor was framed on build #2, we used it as a guide.  One morning the builder and I used his tape to measure off from 2 walls and a window location.  I'm here to tell y'all picking a spot for them without any furniture in place kinda hard.  Looking at the slab yesterday I think we're good, but I told him all I need to be is close and I could make it work.   The cost of the 2 floor outlets- 200 extra.

I called my wife this morning, who hasn't seen the slab yet, to meet me for lunch.

"didja wanna get something to eat, and then ride by the house?"

"can't today, gettin nails done"

"Nails more important than this HOUSE?"

"Are today, one is broke"

"Aw we can't have THAT, can we"

"Hush"

After getting shot down for lunch, I went to plan B, just hang out here today.  High today will only be 43.  That is lowest "high" ever recorded for this date in my city, so a good day for Call of Duty.

Message 17 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Our home is being framed!  First floor done, 2nd getting close, but roof has a long way to go.  So we thought it was a good time to get out of town to the beach for a few days and forget all this for awhile.  We'll be here 3 nights.

I called Cynthia (LO)

"look here, we're goin to the beach today and nothing y'all can do about it.  I might just use my Chase card for a seafood dinners, movies, and appetizers while looking at the sunset on the Gulf, and maybe a harbor cruise, so what do ya say to that?"

"LOL,  I'm NOT gonna tell ya can't go to the beach, just don't go down there and rack up 5k on the Chase card and make me shoot down this mortage LOL"

"oh I ain't gonna do that, won't spend more than I can pay off next week, but some guy on Myfico wanted to buy a big screen, and those guys wouldn't let him," (you can read about that here    http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Mortgage-Loans/Target-Debit-Card-in-Escrow/td-p/3818356/page/2   "So I just thought I'd better check in."

On the way out we went by the community to check the house.  The weather was cool and cloudy,but a 3 man crew was busy framing the upstairs.   We didn't get out of the car.  We left the there and stopped by the office/model home to tawk to our agent.

"whats goin?" When we walked in.

"on our way to the beach"

"you're going to the beach in the middle of a house build?  Who does that?" LOL

"I do, this been going on since Nov.  I need a break.  Anything comes up, handle it, why they pay ya the big bucks"

"yeah right, but nothing much going on right now anyways, you're good,"

"The first time I hear some joker mention debt ratio, FICO, escrow, closing or anything else, I'm gonna swat him.  I just wanna get away from it for awhile"

"more of my clients should do that.  I have several that call me everyday, thats ok, why I'm here, but I don't really have anything different to tell them than I did yesteday"

"I'll see ya in a few days,"  as I walked out and made the 3 hour drive to Destin.

They should  finish the frame and roofing early next week, and then plumbers are next?

Message 18 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

house.jpg

Firefighters get to retire early, then send our wives off to work each morning, so I called in today and asked her if she wanted to go out by the house and check stuff out.

"you wanna go by the house and check it out?"

"yeah and then lunch?"

"No meetings today?"

"Noooooooo I'm good for a long lunch"

"look I'm gonna ride out there so you just meet me at 11:30"

I jumped on one of my motorycles and dashed out there.  I beat her by 10 minutes (shes coming across town) so walked up to house.  Most of the construction crews know me and wave.  Things were busy.  HVAC crew  running the ducts, a crew was on the roof tacking down that black paper stuff, another was putting in windows.  My wife pulled up.

"How ya reckon you gonna walk up there in heels?"

"I'm not, far as I can go.  How come we don't have a driveway yet?"

"LOL thats one of the last things they do"

"I can't get inside??"

"Not unless you put some boots on"

About that time the supervisor pulled up in his truck and got out.  He advised 3 city inspectors had just left after inspecting the sewer lines easement.  He advised no major issues so far.  He asked my wife if she wanted to go inside.

"I do, but can't get there in these heels"

"here get in my truck and I'll take you down the street and come in from the back"

They left me to walk across dirt and mud.  I met them in back where he had one of the workers pull some scrap plywood for her to walk on the last few feet to garage.  Attractive females always have it different than the rest of the world.

The builder took us through the framed up house.  The crew that framed the house have framed 3 houses in 2.5 weeks.  They don't leave till its too dark to see.  Hard workers.  We basically had a informal walk through.  He answered all our questions, and told us what was goin on.  He advised the roof would be on in a couple of days.

Finished that he took DW back to the front, not a speck of mud on her shoes LOL.

On the way to lunch we stopped by the office to tawk to the agent, who was on the phone when we stepped in.

"Any bites on y'alls house?"

"Nuttin but crickets"  I said.

"Look here, I know you have a company credit card, so take us to lunch"

"alright how bout Olive Garden?"  (about 2 min away)

"Love to but I can't walk around in this riding gear in there, so how bout Logan's Steak?"

So we went there and discussed where we're at.  He advised closing date is still set for April 30.  We went under full UW very early and only a routine look over to get ready for closing.

It was 80 degress here today so I left lunch and rode all afternoon a few counties over.  It was a good day.

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.