cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buying $400k home in Seattle (first time home buyer)

tag
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Re: Buying $400k home in Seattle (first time home buyer)

@Lemmus wrote:

@StartingOver10 wrote:

So we are neighbors???

...this is news? ..thought we'd covered that a couple times ....lets just say you're among the "elite" here, eh Smiley Wink

..if I hadn't decided to go USDA, you'd have been my first choice ...but alas, even Loxahatchee isn't rural by their standards Smiley Sad 

My brain must be on pause....sometimes I forget what is posted here....

You are right - I do a lot of Loxahatchee/Acreage area and it isn't considered Rural! In fact, usually have to go to Martin Cty to get to USDA eligibility - or maybe further west.

Message 21 of 23
Lemmus
Established Contributor

...all of Palm Beach cty is ineligible ...looked at Martin but anything meeting my needs was out of my price range ...almost called you on one a bit east of Indiantown but it was gone the next day ...so west it was ...Hendry ...even looked at Lehigh Acres but USDA made it ineligible in Feb ...was set to move to the Ocala/Gainesville area but then the property I'm currently contracted for came back on the market after the buyers couldn't close ...assumed you weren't going as far west as La Belle just to sell a property Smiley Tongue ...its a short sale, 25 days old on the contract waiting for WF to get their act together ...or not ...but if they do, its a dream property for us Smiley Very Happy

Helpful Links: Do I Qualify? | Mortgage Calculator | USDA Mortgages | Opt Out | FICO Versions
Last HP: 11/04/15 | myFico 3B Jun 10 '15:FICO8 EQ - 752 | TU - 763 | EX - 750
Message 22 of 23
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

@Lemmus wrote:

...all of Palm Beach cty is ineligible ...looked at Martin but anything meeting my needs was out of my price range ...almost called you on one a bit east of Indiantown but it was gone the next day ...so west it was ...Hendry ...even looked at Lehigh Acres but USDA made it ineligible in Feb ...was set to move to the Ocala/Gainesville area but then the property I'm currently contracted for came back on the market after the buyers couldn't close ...assumed you weren't going as far west as La Belle just to sell a property Smiley Tongue ...its a short sale, 25 days old on the contract waiting for WF to get their act together ...or not ...but if they do, its a dream property for us Smiley Very Happy

I hope you get it. WF is decent for short sales. Better than originating loans IME!  They are slow, but all of the SS are except for the Wachovia portion of WF (Wells took over Wachovia several years ago and they have by far the best short sale process on the planet - can be done in 30 days).

Good luck with your short sale. From your posts it sounds like it should go through in due time. Keep us up to date!

Message 23 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.