Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buying a Home with questionable credit

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Buying a Home with questionable credit

Haha, thanks for the input guys.. I noticed my Fico report gave conflicting information of the Experian. It didn't show any hard inquiries but on Experian I have 7.. Along with a few others. So I'm not sure which one to stick with, since I hate to be spending too much on watching my credit.

Message 21 of 31
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

You need to watch all of them.

Message 22 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Isn't one inaccurate though if one says I have 7 hard inquiries while the other says I have 0?

Message 23 of 31
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

I am subscribed to www.freecreditreport.com I ignore the scores and just look at the report plus every three months, they allow you to pull all 3 reports/fake scores for free. But I also pay for score watch through myfico.com as I need to watch my true scores. And I monitor Credit Karma and Credit Sesame as well since they are both free. I ignore the scores and just like to read the reporting and I get alerts when something changes. Score watch does the same thing but I like to watch a lot of stuff LOL!
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 24 of 31
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

Whichever report is used to generate your fico score is the one you should be most concerned about. If the fico report has 0 inquiries and the FAKO report 7, if 7 is correct and you dispute and say it should be 7, down goes your fico score. It is like a game of chess. :-)
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 25 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can see how credit chasing can be addictive! Haha too funny.. I'm signing up for all of those sites though- thanks MovingForward!

Message 26 of 31
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

You're welcome and yes, I am very addicted...it is like watching stocks. LOL! :-)
Message 27 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah.. I was addicted to that while I was playing the market haha. Oh and I just applied for a secured credit card from my bank. So we'll see how that plays out. I hope I didn't apply for too much (2500). I'd love it to turn into a normal credit card tho with that line of credit in like a year..The more I'm thinking about it the more I'm considering waiting a year just so my credit is higher (~700) so my Interest is lower and i have a bigger down payment.. I just hate to see the housing market recover by then.

Message 28 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got accepted for a secured visa credit card with my credit union with a 1000 line of credit! So that's good news Smiley Happy. So now I have a MC, Visa, and retail card.. I'll stick with those until I buy a place. I called Capital One to try and get my limit raised on my MC but that card only does it occasionally and not by the request of card holders Smiley Sad. That one is at $750.

Message 29 of 31
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

Congrats!!! Three cards are perfect for rebuilding to get qualified for a mortgage. If you want an increase on your Capital One card, you have to email their executive office. Go to the credit card forum here, and someone will PM you the info on how to do that.
Message 30 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.