Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buying a house in 6-12 mo Advice needed

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Buying a house in 6-12 mo Advice needed

I dont blame you for moving from the suburb of NYC aka Connecticut.

I miss family and friends from Connecticut especially my nephews and nieces but I have a wife and baby here in Jeff City. I miss the ocean too but the taxes... traffic... cost of living was just too much. I have little love for i95... Merritt Parkway (CT 15) too. Property tax is brutal compared to here. I mean I'm buying a decent 3 bedroom... 2 bath house with .5 to 1 acre in a nice neighborhood for less than $100,000. In CT that would run me between $250,000 to $350,000+ depending on location.

I have a friend who struggles in a 1 room apt. He could make the same here and own a house... plus save more for retirement. He's past 40 now... not sure what he's going to do if he's still going to have to pay rent when he retires.

Connecticut #1 in taxes according to this article. But even if the data isnt 100% it was enough to drive me away. Property taxes make you feel like you are renting your home.
Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.