Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buying a piece of land question.

tag
Jake0215
Frequent Contributor

Buying a piece of land question.

Hello, this is my first time posting in the mortgage forum, but I have a quick question. There is an investment opportunity in my area for a piece of land. The property in on water with around an acre of total space. I am new to this area and am wondering what the financing process would be? Same as a mortgage? Ie, same terms? 10,15,30 etc.? Would I go to a mortgage broker to be preapproved? Any guidance would be appreciated.

Starting Score: 617 EQ 10-17-11
Current Score: EQ 767 TU 769 EX 749 (all FICO but who really knows?)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Buying a piece of land question.

The only company I've been able to find that is lending on land these days is my local Ag Farm Credit, they are part of the nationwide Farm Credit System.  They lend for farms, rural investment property, recreational land use, etc.  Their current terms are a minimum of 20% down payment at 15 or 20 years and the rates are in the neighborhood of 6.25%.

Don't let anyone tell you "no one is lending on land" because they will help.  Just do a search on the web for Ag credit in your area.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.