Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAN I GET ANY HOME LOAN WITH LOW SCORE?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CAN I GET ANY HOME LOAN WITH LOW SCORE?

I am looking to purchase a house in the Florida location. However, I had few questions regarding if I will be able to get any loan. My credit score on Equifax is not that good.  On Transunion is way better then Equifax. However, on Experian is way higher then Equifax and Transunion. I been reviewing my credit report and had stuff remove off the report. Fix other things and so on. However, the score does not move much. It seems I only get few ponits up. I really do not want to wait to get house. I will like to able to purchase one soon.

Is there any loans out there that will be able to help me?
What is lowest score a lender will take?
What score range do you need in order to get a loan?
Does FHA loans require score?
Are ther any loans that are not score driven?
When pulling a credit report, does anyone just use Experian or do a lender check all 3?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Lel
Moderator Emeritus

Re: CAN I GET ANY HOME LOAN WITH LOW SCORE?

Hello JMOVINGFORWARD, and welcome to the FICO forums.

For starters, I'd recommend reading the following thread:

Help the FICO Forums help you (with your mortgage qualification questions)

What exactly are your scores?  And from which website did you obtain them?  This is a very important detail, because not all credit scores are FICO scores, and only FICO scores are used by lenders.  Your Experian score, in particular, is probably not a FICO score, because Experian scores are not available for purchase by consumers.

To address your specific questions:

Is there any loans out there that will be able to help me? - Can't be answered without more information
What is lowest score a lender will take? - For the most part, lenders are looking for a middle score of 620.  Some lenders will go lower (to 600), but the trend is towards requiring higher scores.
What score range do you need in order to get a loan? - see above.
Does FHA loans require score? - Yes
Are ther any loans that are not score driven? - None that I'm aware of.
When pulling a credit report, does anyone just use Experian or do a lender check all 3? - Virtually all mortgage lenders pull all 3 scores.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.