cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAN WE GET A LOWER FHA RATE? ... WHAT DOES IT COST TO LOCK?

tag
tirado126
Contributor

Re: CAN WE GET A LOWER FHA RATE? ... WHAT DOES IT COST TO LOCK?

i was at 4.6% and paid $2500 to lock in at 4.25%, fha 30ye fixed...set to close on juy 26th.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Starting Score: EQ 542, TU 503, EX 580 (all lender pulled 06/07/11)
Current Score: EQ 649, TU 722, EX 654 (pulled Dec 2013)
Goal Score: 700 club for all 3 agencies!

CapOne$750/FP$400/Matrix$300/VS$500/Walmart$500/BestBuy$1K/KayJeweler$2K (last app 12/16/13)
Message 11 of 14
mg85

I'm locked in at 4% and set to close on the 19th. According to my lender, if you have a midscore of 640 and above, you are guaranteed the best rate available with FHA.
Message 12 of 14
Amythyst
Contributor

Um, how exactly did I mislead the OP?  She was asking about fees to buy down a rate and I was sharing how much it would have cost me to buy down to 3.25%.  I was not implying anything that the rate I got was still available.  And that IS the rate I got and I locked it in at the end of June.  But, my rate is irrlevant... I was answering the OPs question about the buy down. 

Don't try and discredit me...that's not nice. Smiley Tongue

Message 13 of 14
shawneet
Valued Member

I really appreciate everyone's input on the topic.  So a huge "thank you" to everybody ... please continue to give me input.  Every bit of information is welcome information.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.