Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLEAR TO CLOSE TOMORROW, BUT

tag
nathan
Frequent Contributor

CLEAR TO CLOSE TOMORROW, BUT

title company may ruin my closing, because they can not reconcile the hud 1 with my lender. My lender keeps kicking back the hud 1 they send to them  for approval because the figures do not match. At the moment, I do know what to bring at closing. I will go nuts if these guys can't clear this today. I now feel like I may be one of those people who may not know what to bring at closing until about five minutes to closing. Loan processs was outstanding, but i now regret going with this title company recommended by my realtor. Is this normal, or am I just overreacting?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

Re: CLEAR TO CLOSE TOMORROW, BUT

IMO, they'll figure it out eventually, and usually at the last minute.  I know it's unnerving, but I've seen this dozens of times, and nary a problem with closing. 

I wouldn't worry about it.

Congrats on the new home! 

Message 2 of 4
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

if it happens more than a few times, people pick up the phone and get it hashed out.

no drama here

just legal crap

Retired Lender
Message 3 of 4
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Usually this happens because neither the title company nor the lender's funder wants to pick up the phone and call the other party to go over the entire HUD-1 at once.  The funder requests changes to be made, the title company does their best to understand those changes, the funder reviews to determine the title company didn't make all the needed changes, etc... it's much easier when the parties communicate over the phone.
Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.