Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLEAR TO CLOSE!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CLEAR TO CLOSE!

This afternoon we officially received our CLEAR TO CLOSE! It was odd how it happened.. I was at lunch and an email came through from the mortgage company. It was all of our closing disclosures. As of today, I still had not heard if our file had cleared final underwriting yet or not. I signed the closing disclosures, which actually had us owing about $2,000 less at closing than expected, and went on with my day. I still thought we were in final underwriting when I signed the disclosures. Then, our loan processor called and said she needed to send us another disclosure for a January closing date, incase we wanted to push closing up. I asked her if we had cleared final underwriting and she said that we had cleared it YESTERDAY! (I would've slept better last night had I know this information.) Anyways... we decided to schedule a closing date of February 3rd! I cant believe that we did this whole process in three weeks! It will be less than a month from offer being accepted to closing! WOO HOO! Happy Friday!

Ps... when does a commitment letter get issued? We never received one of those?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CLEAR TO CLOSE!

Big congrats!

Message 2 of 6
ashjt2011
Regular Contributor

I think the commitment letter is per lender. I never received one either but got my clear to close on Jan 12th and closed on Jan 20th.

Congrats by the way! Time to celebrate.
Message 3 of 6
savings4tomorrow
Regular Contributor

We are the same exact boat. I got a call from my realtor asking me what time worked for us for this coming Friday. I told her I was not even sure we cleared underwriting. She said she was working on coordinating a time but that she was pretty sure we were good. Sure enought got the final closing disclosure soon after that. We were originally scheduled to close 2/12, almost two weeks early. I CAN NOT wait until Friday at 1:30!! Good luck!
Message 4 of 6
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Congratulations! Have a smooth closing Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! I know those three words sounded like the best thing that I had ever heard 😄
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.