Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLOSED 12/23/11 First Time, USDA, Rebuilt Credit, Awesome Agent....My story

tag
notmyj
Regular Contributor

CLOSED 12/23/11 First Time, USDA, Rebuilt Credit, Awesome Agent....My story

Well, its a story in the making as we haven't closed yet.

When we first started looking got a recomendation for an agent. Unfourtunately right after we talked the first time, she broke her foot and she was out of the game. She passed me on to a collegue. Upon meeting him the first time, I didnt like him. A floppy hand shake, didn't offer any information on the house that we met at, tried to talk us out of it right away, then gave us some papers on it and left after he waited for us to walk around in side. He left us standing there in front of a house. As far as I was concerned he was fired before we even hired him.

Got a lead from my GF's dad that a guy he plays soccer with is an agent and would see if he knew anyone in the area of town we were looking in. As it turns out, his friends office is in the area we were looking. This guy was nothing short of amazing! He answers every call right away, emails me quickly. never leaves me guessing and is willing to take the time to explain this to me, and never trys to rush me. He made me forget that he has other clients, I literally feel like I'm his only client and am only reminded of the others when he responds to an email with a text message that reads, "In a closing, call you in a few." He even showed me and my GF the house seperatly one day oafter the other since me and her have opposite work schedules. She works teacher hours, I work 3:30 to Midnight. He is genuine, and talks to me like a normal person, not like he has some magic powers that I should be greatful for. He even pays for drinks after the closing. lol. He drove us around for a few hrs one day looking at houses before I even had my pre approval in my hand. He showed us houses all over the area of all different types so we could get a good grasp on what we wanted. He said it was learning day. We would all be educating each other as to what we are looking for and what we want.

Anyway, we havent closed yet but here are the dates so far...

November 14, 2011 –     Drive by look

November 15, 2011 –     I looked at house with realtor

November 16, 2011 –     GF looked at house with realtor

Put offer on house $90k + 4% Seller Assist

Put down $1000 earnest money

Applied for mortgage, middle score 635

November 17, 2011-       Received and accepted counter offer $98k + 4% Seller assist

Expected closing 1/6/2012 (As per contract)

Repulled score after talking to First Premier, middle score 662,

Faxed docs to LO

November 18, 2011-       Received signed copy of contract

Received mortgage approval from LO

Ordered appraisal

November 21,2011 -       Ordered Home Inspection

November 27, 2011 -      Home Inspection Completed - Found fridge not working, dishwasher floods floor, roof vent needs replaced, a few other small items.

Passed radon test and pest inspection

December 2, 2011-         Sent letter to seller asking for $2500 in Lowes gift cards to repair/replace the items found in inspection. Asked for gift cards as I am maxed out on allowable seller assist.

December 5, 2011-          LO got a look at the appraisal it came in at $100k with no repairs needed.

Seller agreed to $2500 in gift cards at closing. Sent signed adendum back for final signatures

Sent more documents to LO. Should be out of underwriting in a week. Still looks goo to be closed by Christmas.

December 8, 2011-          File went through underwrting. UW wants to see the lien has been released and filed with the courts, then will send the file to USDA.

Proccessor is impressed with how fast I have been getting conditions met and has moved the closing up 2 weeks to 12/23/11

UW accepted the appraisal

December 12, 2011-        Sent file copy of Lien satisfaction to the UW. Transfered all utilities to my name as of 12/23/2011.

December 16, 2011 -        File passed underwriting and was sent to USDA.

December 20, 2011 -         I didn't here anything from the proccessor so I called the USDA to see where my file was. Talked to the woman who was reviewing it and she said she was waiting on a document from the lender. Told her I would take care of it. Called teh lender and lit a fire under his ass to call her and get what she needed

Decemebr 21, 2011-          File came back from USDA and got my "Clear to Close" from the lender. Then found out the house failed dye test because the inspector couldnt find the sewage vent in the yard.

December 22, 2011-          Met my realtor at the house at 8am. We located the vent, and went to the sanitation authority office. Talked to the manager and asked him what he wanted done. He had his inspector meet us at the house and he told us what he wanted. Long story short, my self and my realtor dug a hole in the yard, replaced and extended the sewage vent and replaced the vent cap.

December 23, 2011-   WE CLOSED! EVERYTHING CAME TOGETHER IN THE 11TH HOUR AND WE CLOSED AT 1PM

When scores were first pulled, I found that First Premier was reporting a 180day late in Oct of 2010 on an account that was charged off in 06. I paid the balance, and called a corprate contact that I found. She said she would look into it. On the morning of 11/17/11 she called me back and said she did see the problem and that she updated the balance to zero as I just paid it, and corrected the 180 day late. I then pulled my new report and saw that it was corrected. Later that day the LO said he sent the file to underwriting and that they would need proof that it is paid off, that an old tax lien is paid off, and a personal loan that has not reported yet, is also paid off in addition he would have to get an exception since my score was under 640. I asked if he could repull my credit. He said he could and I explained why. When he pulled it, he almost fell out of his chair and exclaimed, "Holy crap! it jumped to 662! You are golden. I just need proof of payoff for the lien and the personal loan". I faxed it over and we talked about the process and details.

Now I am wating on the appraisal and inspection. Getting antsy...I want to be in my house..... I will update this as things happen, but so far everyone involved is expecting this to go very smoothly as everything is already in place. We shall see...

ETA: We closed. I own the house and it still hasnt sunk in yet. I hope some one here finds this little chronical of my USDA purchas helpful in some way. At closing I eneded up getting $440 back. Incase anyone asks heres the break down of my deal.

Purchased house for 98k with 4% seller assist. I financed the garantee fee which brought the total loan amount to $100k.Took .125% lender credit which covered $1100 in closing costs. I put $1000 in earnst money when I made the first offer on the house. I paid $400 for inspection out of my pocket. At closing I got $440 back. So I came in at $960 out of pocket to buy a house via USDA. After Principal, Interest, Taxes, Insurance, etc, my total due every month is $728. My rate is 4.25% witha middle score of 662.

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to ask as I am willing to do what ever I can to help.

BK7 Filed 6/4/18
341 7/13/18
SCORES
7/19/18 Pre Discharge TU 8 572 EX 8 566
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
YHWHUDAH
Regular Contributor

Re: First Time, USDA, Rebuilt Credit, Awesome Agent....My story

Good luck! I am also going through this process. My midscore was a 665. I put in a offer for 222000 with 6000 in closing they countered at 229000 with 40000 in closing. I countered with 229000 with 6000 in closing and they accepted. The home was listed at 242820. I have 19 conditions to provide in order to get my loan through with USAA. I have to write letters too.  My closing is schedule for Dec 28.

Capital One Cash World MasterCard 7500, PenFed World Visa 6500, USAA Military Affiliate Visa 2000, Capital One Platinum 2500, Affas Military Star Card 8700, Affas Take It Home Today 4900, Orchard Bank Platinum 1500, Orchard Bank Silver 1300, Lowes 5000 and Chase 500.

Closed on USAA Mortgage Dec 23, USAA Auto Loan 42000 Mercedes Dec 30

Credit Scores: EQ 656 TU 669 EX 679 All Lender Pulls Oct 2011
Message 2 of 9
Juniper117
Contributor

Can I ask what's pulling your score down? Like, what's on your file that's keeping it from being higher? I'm hoping that after I pay down my util next month that my score will be high enough, but I still have some old baddies that I'm worried about.

Message 3 of 9
notmyj
Regular Contributor

Just updated the dates in the original post.

As for my scores I am waiting for my Free TU score for December to be shown in my walmart card account then I will post the new ones. Right now my EQ is 681 EX is 667. I suspect my TU will significantly higher as I just disputed a few things and some old accounts fell off a few months early with TU.

BK7 Filed 6/4/18
341 7/13/18
SCORES
Message 4 of 9
notmyj
Regular Contributor

Updated the dates added some details.

BK7 Filed 6/4/18
341 7/13/18
SCORES
Message 5 of 9
payingoffdebt001
Frequent Contributor

Love how you have shared this with us, really helps some of us to know some of the processes and get things ready before we try for a home.  Thanks and congrats on getting everything moving along in such a nice manner!  Wishing you the BEST!!! And yes continue to keep us posted.

I love how your score really jumped between Sept-Oct of last year..good job! You must of been cleaning and adding.  Nice to see how that can truly happen, how we can make a difference in our scores with persistence and patience.

Message 6 of 9
notmyj
Regular Contributor

Yeah, did alot of work in those first few months. Originally I was hoping to get a house in a couple years, as my credit repair looked to be a monumental task. But it wasnt that bad and as soon as stuff started happening and my scores went up, I started to realize that it wasnt as bad as I thought. For anyone who is gonna try to fix their credit with the goal of buying a house, take it one step at a time. Before you know it you will be here fretting about appraisals and conditions. Smiley Wink

BK7 Filed 6/4/18
341 7/13/18
SCORES
Message 7 of 9
notmyj
Regular Contributor

Just wanted to bump this to the top. Added some details to put an end to this story as I closed 12/23/11. Two weeks ahead of schedule!

BK7 Filed 6/4/18
341 7/13/18
SCORES
Message 8 of 9
rbtextreme
New Contributor

Congrats! Enjoy your new house
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.