Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLOSED!!! (Difficult Scenario)

tag
phumanr
Frequent Contributor

CLOSED!!! (Difficult Scenario)

Hello All, I have finally closed today after 7 months of grueling work on my credit file. This note is for people looking forward to homeownership that have come out of difficult circumstances...you can DO IT!!.

I have a dismissed BK (12/11) and have settled over $80K in bad consumer debt during the last 7 months due to a job loss. Additionally, I paid and settled $17K in federal and state tax liens. I sold a small home and netted about $31K and cleared up my bad debt, as well as paid relentlessly out of my personal paychecks.

I am probably one of the most difficult to close for a home and I did it. For those of you who want a second chance to have homeownership keys for your family, you can do it!!! Just do it relentlessly! Make sure you are ready with all of your documentation and letters of explanations.

Lender pulls (706, 641, and 594). Thank you Academy Mortgage!!

Phumanr

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CLOSED!!! (Difficult Scenario)

Congrats! You give me hope. I'm going through the loan process currently and its a nightmare.

Message 2 of 9
germaine47
Frequent Contributor

You are bringing in the New Year right!!!!! Congratulations

Fico September 2012; TU 681, EX 674, EQ 652
Fako October 2012: TU 706, EX 641,
Message 3 of 9
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats on your new home!!
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 4 of 9
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

Congrats! What a great success story!
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 5 of 9
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Wow! Congratulations on all of your hard work and your new home! It will all be worth it now Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats. What a good way to start the new year!
Message 7 of 9
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Congrats

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your closing! I am currently going thru the process and taxes have been blocking me all the way. I don't have a tax lien but I owe for 2010 and 2009. Due to me filing late the IRS didn't have a transcript.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.