Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLOSED TODAY!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CLOSED TODAY!!!

Much to my suprise, we closed on our home today.  For those of you who have followed my story you know the road was LONG and tedious however we did it!  I thought we were pushing to close next Tuesday because we had to increase the loan amount and our LO said that would take 3 days.  When he found out that we actually could close today, my husband asked him and my realtor not to tell me.  THis morning I was coming home from the gym and my husband said he was coming home from work to pick something up.  When I got in he said "get dressed and lets go buy a house!"  I didn't believe him but he was serious and everybody was at the table waiting on us when we arrived.  It took all of thirty minutes to sign the docs and that was it.  This was the first time we actually met our LO in person and it was nice to meet the sellers as well.  We then went to our older son's school and took him out early, drove over to the house and let both of our kids see it for the first time.  What an awesome feeling!!!.  My older son loves the house but has reservations about having to switch schools.  I told him he will make friends in no time because everybody falls in love with him!!!!  So now we have a month left on our lease and the moving process begins!!!! I am soooo grateful for all of the information I gathered her in these forums.  I would not have known half of the things i did without help from all of you.  For those of you just starting out or questioning if you are even eligible to purchase a home, let me just say that this time last year my mid score was 513.  Now it is 690 and I have a new car and a new home.  All it takes is determination, perserverence and KNOWLEDGE!  All the best!

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Elcid89
Contributor

Re: CLOSED TODAY!!!

Well done, and congratulations! Smiley Happy

FICO 04 scores: 809 (EQ) 812 (EX) 818 (TU)

Amex Platinum NPSL - Citi HHonors Sig. $58k - BMW Ultimate $40k
Chase Sapphire Preferred $62k - Merrill Lynch + Signature $41k - USAA Rate Advantage $28k
NFCU Flagship Signature $50k - USAA Cash Rewards AMEX $28k
Citi Platinum Select / AAdvantage Signature $31k - Chase Amtrak Rewards World MC $41k

Message 2 of 13
Sunshine85
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations!! Glad it all worked out - enjoy your new home!

Message 3 of 13
cclee
Regular Contributor

Congrats!  Enjoy!

In The Garden Until 11/01/15 - Last App 11/03/13
Message 4 of 13
Epcot
Valued Contributor

That's great, Congrats! Smiley Happy

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 5 of 13
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

Wow!!! Congrats! What a great story too! Enjoy your new home! :-)
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 6 of 13
NewbieReed
Frequent Contributor

Congrats! Great news!

Starting Score: 526 EXP 09/2012 600 FICO 10/2012 608 EX (lenderpull)11/2012
Current Score: 705 FICO TU (10/2014)Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 13
MrChairman
Established Contributor

Great story VA. I hope to be in your shoes within the next 8 months!

Starting Score:TransUnion: 698 (12 FEB 2010), Equifax: 674 (12 FEB 2010)
Current Score (Lender Pulled):TransUnion: 684 (12 SEP 2016), Equifax: 696 (12 SEP 2016), Experian: 679 (12 SEP 2016)
Goal Score:All scores All scores at least 700+ by December 2017!!

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 13
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Excellent News...

Congrats...

Enjoy your new home and take a breather!!!

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations! Glad you finally got through it. Kudos to the husband too -- smooth!
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.