cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CO PIF vs Paid on different CRs - Will This Hurt?

tag
damnedanddetermined
Established Contributor

CO PIF vs Paid on different CRs - Will This Hurt?

Startingover10, would it hurt me if one CR says CO and another says PIF (was a CO) and another says Paid? Does any of this matter since it was a 1099-C? Should I leave well enough alone? Thankyou all for the helpful insight, and my apologies for highjacking the thread:/  (Mod edit: we separated this into a new thread and changed the title; please feel free to edit title if you'd like --SE)

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: CO PIF vs Paid on different CRs - Will This Hurt?

Leave well enough alone for now is my opinion unless lender brings it up; the pull is sanitized anyway via Credco or CBC/Innovis or another third party tri-merge provider... likely it won't make any difference now, and trying to resolve it currently could just delay things through the dispute process.  

        
Message 2 of 5
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

There are two answers to your question:

1) You have to supply the release of lien proof to the u/w anyway so from that aspect it doesn't matter how it looks on the CR

2) However, from posts I have seen on here, some underwriters do care how it reports.

Best thing for you is to get the tradeline deleted if at all possible. How long has it been since the tradeline has been paid/released? (thinking CRTP here)

Message 3 of 5
damnedanddetermined
Established Contributor

almost a year ago

Message 4 of 5
damnedanddetermined
Established Contributor

Revelate, that was kinda my thought too (not to poke the hornets nest) Thanks for all of youre imputs! Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.