Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Caliber Home Loans?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Caliber Home Loans?

I am using a down payment assistance program so my realtor referred me to Caliber and they've been handling my loan. I've been pretty impressed with them so far, they were really thorough in the pre-approval phase (which makes me feel like it might actually count for something) and my LO is pretty good at keeping me updated. I'm happy enough with my interest rate, although it's not the lowest out there, and the closing costs were estimated reasonably.

I'm wondering what others' experiences have been like. Anything to look out for? How long did underwriting take? My LO said my file moved to UW early this week and I really won't sleep until I see my list of conditions... I am up nights fearing a denial for really any and all reasons. Barring the down payment assistance program, which was already approved/funding secured, my file is pretty simple. They wouldn't use any of my self-employment income because I only have 1.5 years of it instead of two, so that made it a very simplistic situation in terms of income (SSDI and child support, court ordered) and I do not have anything in terms of debt (two CCs, I pay them off each month leaving $10 on one card). They told me in pre-approval that a couple of super old collections would have to be paid at closing as a condition and that was fine by me. So, I'm trying not to have a heart attack over here. Tell me my mortgage will get approved and Caliber is great? LOL.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Caliber Home Loans?

I would love to hear the update on your experience with Caliber.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

would love to hear as well

Message 3 of 7
Xistaben2
New Contributor

I used Caliber for my current house and they still service my loan today. Honestly, I have nothing bad to say about them. During a 30 day close, they closed on time (despite my anxiety about the whole process). Underwriting took about a week or so and they were very strict on how and where monies were wired to and from, but I think that is true for most lenders. Their online portal is easy to use and to pay with. I think within a month my loan was sold to Fannie, but they still service it.

My experience is here in Georgia. They recently changed management right at the time I was due to close (like right in the middle of the whole process), that didn't delay me at all.

I would use them again.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's eerily odd that the day I post in this forum about your experience with Caliber that a "friend" of mine on FB post that they just closed on their new house using Caliber!!

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am working with them now as well. Do you know which mortgage scores they use?

Message 6 of 7
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

Caliber is a fine company. Your experience with them will only be as good as your individual loan officer

Retired Lender
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.