Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Called bank regarding mortgage

tag
southernficoaddict
Frequent Contributor

Called bank regarding mortgage

Well I broke down and called the mortgage department at our bank today.  I decided to take Dallas and Shane's advice and just go ahead and see where we stood.  Well, DH's mid-score is now 658 and mine is 643.  Our income just went up 12k a year because I started night shift full time.  DTI is less than 15%.  He was really excited and upbeat and assured me that we could get it approved on the conditions that everything I told him was verifiable.  Then I told him about the DP money.  Guess what?  It's not in our account yet.  It's been sitting in a "farm" account of DH's mother since Dec.  LO said it has to be in our account 2 months. He sounded like things wouldn't work until that point.  I guess now things are going to be on hold for awhile.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

Re: Called bank regarding mortgage

southernficoaddict wrote:
Well I broke down and called the mortgage department at our bank today.  I decided to take Dallas and Shane's advice and just go ahead and see where we stood.  Well, DH's mid-score is now 658 and mine is 643.  Our income just went up 12k a year because I started night shift full time.  DTI is less than 15%.  He was really excited and upbeat and assured me that we could get it approved on the conditions that everything I told him was verifiable.  Then I told him about the DP money.  Guess what?  It's not in our account yet.  It's been sitting in a "farm" account of DH's mother since Dec.  LO said it has to be in our account 2 months. wrong.... it can be gifted.  He sounded like things wouldn't work until that point.  I guess now things are going to be on hold for awhile.

you are fine....
except for that whole dumb loan officer part.

Retired Lender
Message 2 of 9
southernficoaddict
Frequent Contributor

He said something about our having to show that we have access to 5% before we can have the 10% gifted?  I didn't get that part at all... 
Message 3 of 9
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

doesnt make sense.... could be a lender guideline and not an fha guideline

Retired Lender
Message 4 of 9
southernficoaddict
Frequent Contributor

He hasn't pulled any credit reports yet, maybe I'll talk to somebody else first.  Thanks for the info, though. 

Oh yeah, another quick one.. When I called I first talked to a LO that only handled ARM's, but he said that he could also provide temporary financing until the other guy could get the mortgage to go through.  What on earth was that all about?

Message 5 of 9
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

He hasn't pulled any credit reports yet, maybe I'll talk to somebody else first.  Thanks for the info, though. 

Oh yeah, another quick one.. When I called I first talked to a LO that only handled ARM's, but he said that he could also provide temporary financing until the other guy could get the mortgage to go through.  What on earth was that all about?

a cluster&%$#?

Retired Lender
Message 6 of 9
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

i sometimes wonder about these financial institutions i hear about on here.

Retired Lender
Message 7 of 9
southernficoaddict
Frequent Contributor

Makes me want to change where I have my checking account.
Message 8 of 9
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

Makes me want to change where I have my checking account.

Smiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy
Retired Lender
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.