Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I be excited yet???

tag
KeithW
Frequent Contributor

Can I be excited yet???

We are buying a brand new house, and today the loan officer told me that that it had gone through underwriting, and they just needed one additional document, a copy of the cancelled gift check, which we used for the down payment. Shortly after that my realtor emailed me saying that we needed to set up a time to do the final walkthrough, and sign the HUD forms.

So does this mean it is finally safe to get excited, and start making moving plans, or should I worry a little longer over wether or not we will get it?

EQ671 TU673 EX662
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
katrinalbsn
Contributor

Re: Can I be excited yet???

My friend bought a new home (LENNAR) and she didn't close until about 1 month after the final walk through.. Buying new sometimes takes longer to close. Congrats in advance!
Message 2 of 8
KeithW
Frequent Contributor

Well, the final walk through is sheduled for 3 days from now, and closing is sheduled for 5 days from now. I am mainly wondering if the chances of being denied are small to non-existent yet. I don't want to allow myself to get excited, and then find out we aren't approved.

EQ671 TU673 EX662
Message 3 of 8
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Sounds like it is time to get excited Smiley Happy

Do you have your clear to close and have you received your closing disclosure? If so, I think it is nearly time to celebrate!

Message 4 of 8
KeithW
Frequent Contributor

My realtor and lender haven't used that terminology, but today they had us sign some updated form, and told us we had to wait 3 days from signing, but would then be ready to close. Then they told us it was time to shedule the utilities to be switched over, so at that point I figured it was pretty much a done deal, and we both let ourselves relax and celebrate. Smiley Very Happy

EQ671 TU673 EX662
Message 5 of 8
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

@KeithW wrote:

My realtor and lender haven't used that terminology, but today they had us sign some updated form, and told us we had to wait 3 days from signing, but would then be ready to close. Then they told us it was time to shedule the utilities to be switched over, so at that point I figured it was pretty much a done deal, and we both let ourselves relax and celebrate. Smiley Very Happy

^^^two thumbs up for 'relax and celebrate'!  Here is a little rope hammock among the trees to get you both ready for closing... Smiley Happy

Image result for relax and celebrate images

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@KeithW wrote:

Well, the final walk through is sheduled for 3 days from now, and closing is sheduled for 5 days from now. I am mainly wondering if the chances of being denied are small to non-existent yet. I don't want to allow myself to get excited, and then find out we aren't approved.

You should be fine once you sign those documents. The worrying is almost over.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

CONGRATS!!!!!! RELAX AND CELEBRATE

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.