Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I do the "Mortgage Vent"??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can I do the "Mortgage Vent"??

Ok read this forum everyday and felt like coming and having a "Mortgage Vent" session.Smiley Mad  I am so extremely frustrated right now.  I am "supposed" to close this Friday on a home I applied for at the beginning of the month.  I was told when I applied I would need XX amount of money and XX amountt for inspection.  Well I have that and I have paid that. Last wednesday I received my final appoval and said I need to show XX amount of money in my bank.  What???  I spent that money on locks and stuff for the house and paid extra on my CC   because you first said I would only need XX to close.   So I said well I get paid again on the 29th( only get paid once a month) and XX would be in there as extra again.  Why was I not told this in the beginning?  No answer.  So yesterday fax fax fax items that I have already faxed to other people but it seems as if the right hand does not know what the left hand is doing. 

So they want to bump up the date to close to tomorrow.  Hello???? I told them last week the extra "fluff money" they want will not be there until Friday because I am not going to borrow it just to rush for them.  So I reminded the man again that it will not be there but I have the closing money tomorrow.  Well he send out an email saying that he just found out that the extra will not be there....what??? I told him last week!

So round of emails about closing..the lender is wating it closed and funded by 2pm on Friday.  The lender is the one who owns the home.  I took friday off now they want thursday now they don't know.  people I have a job I have to request time off not just leave at your convenience.  And I still don't know who to make my cashier check out to, where to go and if they need anything else.

So I have had it. Smiley Mad I sent an email this morning to all of them involved.  Stating that this was known last week and they have 2 months worth of info and nothing changes in my bank but once a month because of paydate.  I am not borrowing the money and then "season and source" it as they said to do.  Please why should I be charged extra to cover them?  Why are they asking for something that can not happen?  That this is not good cutomer service by no means to give the customer the run around and to make it look like it is their fault when the lender was notified last week.  I asked if 1 person could let me know what is happening, what I need, where to go and what to do I would appreciate it because I am at the position I will walk and cut my losses.  If they are this bad before I get the loan imagine afterwards how bad it could get.

I have been reading on here about mortgage frustrations but total lack of customer help and customer courtesy is amazing.  Nothing is for the customer. they are not helping you acquire a home.  Helping is making sure you feel confortable and secure in your purchase, to answer your questions and to guide you in a smooth manner.  Not this mess.  No wonder people default because they have no idea what is going on just sign and fax sign and fax.  I actually questioned what I was signing and 90% did not get an answer until I just didn't send one packet until they talked to me.   I am sorry but I feel that the mortgage business is not cutomer driven. 

Thanks guys for letting me vent and get my frustration out on here.  Thanks abunch!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
musikklvr
Frequent Contributor

Re: Can I do the "Mortgage Vent"??

That just sux!! Sorry to hear that. They make everything so difficult. Don't they realize people are stressing out over this? What the heck is one day? They need to stick to the schedule.

Starting Score: 668
Current Score: 712
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

i know buying a house is the biggest purchase you will ever make, so it is not supposed to be easy, but seriously some people just have no common courtesy.  Returning a phone call for a question that can be answered in less than a minute is not difficult.  i too often had questions but could get a quicker response from family that have bought a house before and here than i could get one from my realtor and lender.  i know it's a busy time to buy a house right now, but some kind of response is better than none at all!

Sorry for your situation! But luckily for you it seems that it will all be over soon!

Message 3 of 5
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

poor communication seems to be the number 1 cause of grief in a mortgage transaction
Retired Lender
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

New barriage of emails.  I sent them the offical bank statements from my bank.  Account name, address, the works you know the one you get from the bank.  Wellllll it apparently does not show enough ownership of the account??  Hellooooooo??  This is a bank statement from the bank how much more official do you want it?  I don't share a bank acoount with anyone so whose might it be with my info on it.  I am at the point I want to walk away from a bad deal. And I have received the same 3 emails today that was sent last week.  Ok people why send me the same 3 emails again?  to remind me of what?  The things i have submitted? What??

Good gracious I need some aspirin!  I do loans all day long for students if I was half this bad no one would get into school!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.