Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I get a 30k Mortgage? Plz help

tag
Anonymous514
Established Contributor

Can I get a 30k Mortgage? Plz help

Can I get a Mortgage of 40k? I know that is low but up by where my Aunt has a cabin in UP Michigan near superior they have really cheap homes and I want one! I already Prequalify for 75k but I need lower. Home is listed for 22k and I want 40k to add some things to make it to my liking. I could event transfer my job up there!

2 REPLIES 2
dabrian
Frequent Contributor

Re: Can I get a 30k Mortgage? Plz help

NFCU does home loans as low as 10k.
NFCU Sig Cash-20k/ Amex BCP-19.4k/ Amex Costco-1.2k/Chase Marriott-12k/CSP-13.4k/ Freedom-5.5k/ Discover IT-14k/NCSECU-5k/Walmart-10k/Lowes-25k
Message 2 of 3
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

Re: Can I get a 30k Mortgage? Plz help

@bigalkescott514 wrote:

Can I get a Mortgage of 40k? I know that is low but up by where my Aunt has a cabin in UP Michigan near superior they have really cheap homes and I want one! I already Prequalify for 75k but I need lower. Home is listed for 22k and I want 40k to add some things to make it to my liking. I could event transfer my job up there!

Yes, small mortgages are possible, particularly with local/regional banks. So are mortgages that have enough built into them for making improvements.

If you are borrowing more than the current worth of the house, your lender will almost certainly require you to have the repairs and upgrades done by a licensed contractor or to prove that you yourself have contractor-level skills. No unlicensed handymen allowed for this purpose.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.