cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I get a mortgage loan 22 months from discharge?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can I get a mortgage loan 22 months from discharge?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Re: Can I get a mortgage loan 22 months from discharge?

No exception to the application date, but the application requires an address, so what you can do is get pre-approved subject to your BK being 2 years old at the application, bring that to your landlord and see if they'll allow you to stay an extra few months why they put it on the market to sell.  If the landlord is selling (like closing on the sale) just after your lease expires, see if the new owner wouldn't mind renting back to you for a couple months while you can close on your new home.  Then as soon as it's 2 years old you can apply with the address of the home you want to buy, make an offer, get it accepted (so you probably want to stay away from short sales & bank owned propeties, and stick to regular resale properties) and close about 30 days later.  You'd want to really make sure your situation is reviewed right now though as you don't want to have to do any credit cleaning/score improvement at the same time, that'd make it even more stressful.  If things don't look good now at least you'll know what options you have early.

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 2 of 7
wednesdayaddamsd
Regular Contributor

USDA Direct will do it if your income is within limits and your credit score is over 640 or 660, I'm not sure which. Just google USDA Direct / Rural Development and you can find the contact information for your local office. The home also has to be in an area designated as "rural" but you'd be surprised that some properties will qualify despite not seeming very rural.

Amex PRG. Amex Blue. Amex ED. Cap 1 Quiksilver. Saks Fifth Avenue. Neiman Marcus. Grandin Road. Target Red Card. Barclay Rewards. Home Depot. Paypal BML. Affirm. Victoria's Secret. Care Credit. Lumber Liquidators. Art Van. Evine. Firestone. Discount Tire. Discover IT.
Message 3 of 7
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Good point wednesday

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 5 of 7
wednesdayaddamsd
Regular Contributor

USDA Guaranteed does require a 3 year wait. There is a difference between Guaranteed and Direct. If your husband makes six figures then you may already be disqualified due to having income that is too high for the Direct program. If it were me, I might apply with a letter of explanation and see what happens. If "dire" is subjective, then maybe you have a chance, just my humble opinion. But I know FHA makes you wait 3 years after a foreclosure.

Amex PRG. Amex Blue. Amex ED. Cap 1 Quiksilver. Saks Fifth Avenue. Neiman Marcus. Grandin Road. Target Red Card. Barclay Rewards. Home Depot. Paypal BML. Affirm. Victoria's Secret. Care Credit. Lumber Liquidators. Art Van. Evine. Firestone. Discount Tire. Discover IT.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.