cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I get approved with this credit score and history?

tag
Tierra399

Can I get approved with this credit score and history?

My husband and I are looking to purchase our first home. My TU credit score is 674, I have medical collections on my credit and Tmobile. My husband middle score is 624 high 633 he has one collection on his credit that is about 4 years old. Also any lender suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Btw, we are looking in Tampa, Fl if that makes a difference.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
BrianB_The_Loan_Professor
Valued Contributor

Re: Can I get approved with this credit score and history?

Welcome to the forum - The credit is far from perfect but there a few banks that will work with scores between 620 and 640 (Using the middle of the three scores for both borrowers)

The collections may have to be paid, it will depend on the amount owed. If they are smaller you should be fine - a lot will depend on the rest of your file - 

How is the income - debt - employment history?

Brian

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Brian B The Loan Professor
Mortgage Banker - offering FHA, VA, USDA , and Conventional mortgages in all 50 states -

If I do not respond to a follow up question please feel free to contact me directly
Message 2 of 3
Tierra399

Re: Can I get approved with this credit score and history?

The debt to income ratio is good around 23%. There are no gaps in employment. My husband did three years in the military and has a civilian job as soon as his contract was over. Im waiting for bb&t bank to call us back so we can know if we stand a chance of getting approved.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.