Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I qualify for Mortgage?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can I qualify for Mortgage?

Shane one other thing.  I asked about the gift of equity and was told it has to come from a relative.  My ex and I are divorced now so that means I can't qualify for that.  Is that correct? 
Message 11 of 13
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

If you can document "evidence of a family-type, longstanding, and substantial relationship not arising out of the loan transaction" then it should be acceptable.  Some lenders have overlay guidelines on that though that require it be a direct family member.
Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good news, I let them pull my numbers and they came back:

EQ - 645

EX - 630

TU - 651

Not sure why there is a 34 point difference in the MyFico report and this, but it's to the good so I'll take it!  So, my middle number is Equifax at 645.  My DI ratio is good, everything looks good!  I would love to have the 'gift equity' which they are looking into, but regardless I've got reserves that I can touch get to if need be. 

Very excited!!!! 

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.