cali01

Can I qualify for a mortgage? Complicated!

Hello,

I was wondering if anybody has advice or thoughts to share regarding my situation.

I was a cosigner on a HELOC for a property that went through short sale and closed in August 2012. I was never on a title for that property and it shows in my credit report as "settled for less than owed". I currently have one mortgage for a rental property (owe about 60% of the value, the payment is half of what I collect as rent), I have 3 credit cards, all less than 10% utilization. My scores are between 660-702.

I have a decent income and enough for a large downpayment (30%).

What do you think? Should I go through FHA, because my credit is not very good? Do I even have a chance of getting qualified with the negative hit of "settle for less than owed".

Thanks for all your thoughts and advice!

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+